Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• LoisLane 6 posts 56 karma points
    Nov 06, 2014 @ 10:44
    LoisLane

Deploying MVC 4 + Umbraco to a web server

I have created an empty ASP.NET MVC 4 project on my local machine using Visual Studio 2013. Then I added Umbraco via NuGet. Everything works fine, thanks to the help I got yesterday on my forum post Local installation of Umbraco 7.1.8 on MVC 4 fails.

Now, I would like to deploy it to my webhost. How do I do that?

/Lois

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 06, 2014 @ 10:57
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Lois,

I would say, if you are using the a MS SQL server, then you need to create a backup, of the database, and then install the backup, on the prod SQL server. After that you should copy all the folders, and files from your Umbraco installation. Then upload these folders and files to your prod server by using e.g FTP.

Remember to change the connectionsstrings to the database in the webconfig so it point to the database on the prod SQL server.

If you are using the built in SQLCE database, then you should just be able to copy and upload the folders and files to your web server by e.g FTP.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• LoisLane 6 posts 56 karma points
    Nov 06, 2014 @ 15:42
    LoisLane

I know that works with a clean Umbraco installation, but in this case it doesn't.

Maybe it's because the folder structure in the project is a bit different now that I installed Umbraco within an MVC project? Inside the project folder there is another folder with the same name, containing all the Umbraco files (I think) and a folder named "packages", which seems to contain some NuGet packages. The folder also contains a Visual Studio .sln file.

I have tried uploading the first folder with all its files to the web server. I also uploaded the "projects" folder to the same folder(not inside the first one), but it won't work. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, but what?

/Louise

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft