Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan 50 posts 174 karma points
    Nov 10, 2014 @ 22:44
    Johan

C:\inetpub installation vs \Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\ installation

I need to enhance my knowledge about these to different approaches. I have a complete working Umbraco 6 MVC site working under C:\inetpub. but when moving this site to  \Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\ my css, js and image files stop working. Cannot even login to /umbraco/ admin interface.

This has to do with some permission settings. But I cannot nail it out yet.  My config looks like this: Umbraco 6 mvc.I am using Trusted_connection=yes in my web.config and [Network Service] full permission to folders both under C:\inetpub and \Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\

Can anyone give me a clue?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 10, 2014 @ 23:38
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Johan,

Right folders permissions you can look here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions

What errors do you have? UmbracoTrace.log shows something?

Thanks,

Alex

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 08:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan

What user is your application pool in IIS running?

/Jan

Nov 19, 2014 @ 13:23
    Johan

My application pool is running the "Network Service" user. I dont get any error. It is just that css files, javascript files cannot be found and the site is presented ugly. The "Network Service" is given full edit permissions. If I type in the address of my css file then I get redirected to 

/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fcss%2fStyle.css

with message

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url '/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fcss%2fStyle.css'.

This page can be replaced with a custom 404. Check the documentation for "custom 404".

This page is intentionally left ugly ;-)

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 19, 2014 @ 13:33
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Johan,

Try to see Mark Bennett comments could it be the same thing that you need to do.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/45572-Css-seems-to-be-not-connected?p=0#comment164777

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Nov 19, 2014 @ 14:13
    Johan

Thanks Dennis!!

That was the solution for me :-)

before that I did try to change IIS Express to local IIS inside Visual Studio but that didnt work. My problem was inside local IIS and its Anonymous Authentication that needed to be set to Application Pool Identity

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/45572-Css-seems-to-be-not-connected?p=0#comment164777

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 19, 2014 @ 14:17
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Johan,

Happy, that I would help, I think that you should mark the question as solved, so other with the same issue can go directly to the solution.

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 19, 2014 @ 14:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan

Good to see you got it solved. Perhaps this should be added to the installation documentation as it seems more and more people run into the issue.

I'll see if I can do that during the coming weekend if I should have a moment :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft