Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan White 206 posts 510 karma points c-trib
    Dec 10, 2009 @ 23:24
    Dan White

ERROR WHEN INSTALLING

Hello everyone,

I am new to umbraco, and really excited to start working with it. However, I have hit a speed bump. I am trying to install v. 4.0.3. I am hosting on SoftsysHosting. I am following this tut:

http://hyperoceanic.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/setting-up-umbraco-40-on-softsyshosting-reseller-accounts/

I think I have followed everything correctly. I goto mydomain.com/install/default.aspx

I get a runtime error, so I turn on the errors in web.config

<!-- added by NH to support membership providers in access layer -->
        <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="UmbracoRoleProvider">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoRoleProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoRoleProvider" />
          </providers>
        </roleManager>

I took that code out just to see if the page loaded and it DID. However, I just don't want to go around ripping out code so I put it back. I then DLed the web.config file from

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=33743

that is: Web.config file to use with .NET 3.5+ (Recommended default)

Installed that, and the page worked!

Now I am concered if I should fix the first or install the other one I downloaded. I noticed that the one I got from codeplex is much shorter than the one that came with umbraco 4.0.3.

Am I missing out on stuff or is the web.config that comes with the umbraco 4.0.3 built for older .net versions?

Sorry if this was confusing.

Thanks in advance!

• Dan White 206 posts 510 karma points c-trib
    Dec 10, 2009 @ 23:46
    Dan White

Softsys support just got back to me saying they enabled Full Trust again. It loads now. So I guess it had something to do when my web.config file was uploaded and when they enabled Full Trust.

• Jon Jenkins 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 20, 2010 @ 06:09
    Jon Jenkins

I am not so sure this is resolved. Even when I add Full Trust implicitly on a host (Winhost) that allows it, the install fails due to security, roles, and permissions. 4.0.2.1 works just fine. 4.0.3 fails.

I added this to web.config ... still bombs:

<system.web>
    <trust level="Full" originUrl=".*" />
    <customErrors mode="Off" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft