Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• William Djingga 27 posts 53 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 05:44
    William Djingga

Umbraco 4.1 beta for production

Hi All,

Has anyone tried using Umbraco 4.1 Beta in their production website? How stable is the version 4.1 Beta ? Any major problems?

I played around with the 4.1 beta and some Linq to Umbraco stuff and it was just awesome.  we will start a new project on early - mid January 2010 and I am thinking of using 4.1 beta one in the production environment until it is released.

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 07:40
    Lee

I'm kind of in your boots, I want to re-build a personal site over the xmas break in 4.1 but am holding out as long as possible :)

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 09:17
    Stephan Lonntorp

I've been doing some testing with 4.1, and it seems fairly stable, and maybe I'd consider using it for a personal site in production. However, I wouldn't recommend using it for a client's site yet, you'll only get head-aches working like that.

I've mostly been using LINQ to Umbraco, and it seems to be working alright, with a few hiccups :)

• William Djingga 27 posts 53 karma points
    Dec 17, 2009 @ 01:19
    William Djingga

Thanks for sharing guys. appreciated

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Dec 17, 2009 @ 03:40
    Aaron Powell

I hope you're reporting the LINQ to Umbraco bugs so I can fix them ;)

But I wouldn't suggest using it on a production site, we're working on the next beta and we'll have some details out shortly which will cover the roadmap for 4.1, as we've shifted focus a bit.

• horsted 74 posts 136 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 15:52
    horsted

I think alot of people are really excited about the roadmap for 4.1, and I belive I read somewhere, that it would be updated last week, but I can't find the update anywhere...

4.1 news is almost as good as christmas eve, so please share if there is news on the matter :-)

Thanks in advance!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft