Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 17:56
    Lee

Security Exception?

I am trying to get v4.03 up and running on my Win7 install, I have the correct web.config, full trust and full file permissions (NETWORK SERVICE) but I just get this error when I try to launch it.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Reflection.Assembly._GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +0
       System.Web.Compilation.CompilationUtil.GetTypeFromAssemblies(AssemblyCollection assembliesCollection, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) +227
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +362
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Any ideas?  Its been bugging me for most of the day :(

• Chad Rosenthal 272 posts 474 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 18:09
    Chad Rosenthal

Check what user account your app pool is using. I had to switch mine to Network Services.

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Feb 23, 2010 @ 17:48
    jaygreasley

+1 - I just changed my app pool identity to confirm this.

• Richard Walters 14 posts 51 karma points
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 16:59
    Richard Walters

That worked perfectly for me under Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition. Thank you!!!

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 17:45
    jaygreasley

cool. vote me up pls ;-)

• Ben Liyanage 11 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 01, 2010 @ 22:05
    Ben Liyanage

This worked for me as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft