Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Nov 21, 2014 @ 12:46
    Ayo Adesina

Upgrading from 6.2 > 7

After following the upgrade steps and running my site, instead of seeing the installer I am getting this run time error.

Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.CanvasClientDependencyProvider' from assembly 'umbraco'.

Line 25:       <add name="PlaceHolderProvider" type="ClientDependency.Core.FileRegistration.Providers.PlaceHolderProvider, ClientDependency.Core" enableCompositeFiles="true" javascriptPlaceHolderId="JavaScriptPlaceHolder" cssPlaceHolderId="CssPlaceHolder" />
    Line 26:       <!-- Used for loading dependencies in Canvas mode -->
    Line 27:       <add name="CanvasProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.CanvasClientDependencyProvider, umbraco" />
    Line 28:     </providers>
    Line 29:   </fileRegistration>

config\ClientDependency.config

Any ideas of how to fix this?

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Nov 21, 2014 @ 13:02
    Ayo Adesina

Fixed - hopefully this will help some one else.

It turns out that the ClientDependency.config was not updated during the upgrade (I used Nuget)

Slightly worrying, what else did it not update?

I fixed it by replacing the ClientDependency.config file with one from a fresh v7 install...

Its all working now.

Time to get through the installer - Fingers crossed!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 21, 2014 @ 13:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ayo

Thanks for sharing this - I'm sure others will face this at some point as well. Good to know the solution.

As far as I know Sebastiaan is currently working on improving the upgrade experience when using NuGet according to this blogpost https://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2014/11/17/help-test-nuget-upgrades so it's something that has the attention of the HQ I believe and perhaps you will be able to provide some feedback based on your experiences?

Fingers crossed that everything goes well with the rest of the operation.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft