Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Nov 21, 2014 @ 13:13
    Ayo Adesina

N issues detected - Major version upgrade from 6.2.0 to 7.1.8

Hi guys, Currently upgrading from 6.2.0 to 7.1.8. and I am stuck.

During the upgrade installer I have been shown a dialog window saying

Major version upgrade from 6.2.0 to 7.1.8

There were 1 issue detected

Property Editor with ID 'c2d6894b-e788-4425-bcf2-308568e3d38b' (assigned to Data Type 'Multinode Picker') does not have a valid GUID -> Alias map. It will be replaced with a Readonly/Label property editor.

The following compatibility issues were found. If you continue all non-compatible property editors will be converted to a Readonly/Label. You will be able to change the property editor to a compatible type manually by editing the data type after installation.

The installer is giving me the option to continue or fix it before I continue,

can some one explain why I am getting this message and how to fix it?

Thanks Ayo

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 21, 2014 @ 13:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ayo

Don't know if this specific upgrade document when going from 6 to 7 might help? http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/v7-upgrade

/Jan

Nov 21, 2014 @ 16:36
    Ayo Adesina

I clicked continue and the upgrade has been successful, site runs, a few broken razor scripts, but I have fixed them.

However the nodes that use a uCommpents multinode picker property's have issues, but I think I can fix it that.

BUT....when I try and fix this issue, in the back office of umbraco when I click developer > datatype folder if I click any of the datatypes under this I get this error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'umbraco.cms.presentation.developer.editDatatype'
    Source Error: 
    Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="c#" MasterPageFile="../../masterpages/umbracoPage.Master" Title="Edit data type"
    Line 2:      ValidateRequest="false"
    Line 3:      CodeBehind="editDatatype.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="True" Inherits="umbraco.cms.presentation.developer.editDatatype" %>

Source File: /umbraco/developer/datatypes/editDataType.aspx

So what I did was look at the file: umbraco\Developer\DataTypes\editDatatype.aspx on the files system.

I noticed that THIS FILE IS NOT PRESENT ON A CLEAN INSTALL OF umbraco 7, so I deleted it, now I get a 404 when I click a data-type.

After a bit of investigation I am pretty sure the umbraco back office is looking in the wrong place. I had a look at a clean install of 7 and it seems to be looking here: umbraco\Views\datatype

I think something must not been updated when I did the upgrade.

Any ideas what?

I am at the last hurdle everything else seems to work, but I just can't make changes to the datatypes.

SOS - HELP!! :-)

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Nov 21, 2014 @ 16:45
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Ayo

The multinode tree picker was a native datatype in Umbraco 6, why did you use uComponents? Go back to your Umbraco 6 build and change the uComponents MNTP dt to the native umbraco one, you should retain the data because functionaly they are the same, then unintstall uComponents....finally do the upgrade to U7 with uComponents removed.

M.

Nov 21, 2014 @ 17:03
    Ayo Adesina

Yes...

Your right, about the native datatype but it was another developer that did that bit :-)

Its not really a problem any way I can fix that inside Umbraco 7.

the main problem now is when I click on ANY DATA TYPE in the back office I get the errors as described above, I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the incompatible data type, like i said the file its trying to load for the edit page DO NOT EXIST in a clean 7 install.

So umbraco back office is not quite right.

Nov 21, 2014 @ 17:08
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Ayo

You say its a clean install of umbraco 7, but it's absolutely not due to the upgrade...I've been through this from v4.0.4 to 6.2 and we're preparing for 7 now.

It's almost certainly a package incompatibility, otherwise U7 would function perfectly. Takeout every possibility that could cause your upgrade to fail.

M.

Nov 21, 2014 @ 17:15
    Ayo Adesina

Sorry maybe you miss understood me, this is an upgrade, but what I did was look at another instance of U7 a clean install, and a clean install of 7 in the back office does not have umbraco\Developer\DataTypes\editDatatype.aspx.

This file was used to edit data types on 6 not 7.

With me?

Nov 21, 2014 @ 17:19
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Ayo

I've been looking back through some old posts on "our" and noticed some comments specific to upgrading uComponents and the error you're getting is leaning towards uComponents being installed post update to Umbraco 7.

You must remove all traces of uComponents before attempting an upgrade to v7.

The reason you're getting the error is because uComponents is looking for a control that no longer exists in U7.

This post is really old but it highlights the relation to uComponents

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ucomponents/questionssuggestions/40546-Upgrading-Help-Please-

Regards

Martin

Nov 21, 2014 @ 17:39
    Ayo Adesina

Darn! You might be right :-)

Looks like I am going to have to revert.. and start the whole upgrade process again.

Ill post here (monday) and let you know how I get on, thanks for your help.

Ayo

• Anthony Dang 1404 posts 2558 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 14:34
    Anthony Dang

One thing you could try is changing the MNTP to a textbox before the upgrade, then change it back later.

I'm not sure if that is valid for V6-7 but it worked in the past for other upgrades.

Nov 24, 2014 @ 14:47
    Ayo Adesina

Just to let every one know...

I got it working.

I rolled back my upgrade, changed all the multinode pickers from uComponents to the built in umbraco 6 datatype.

Then ran the installation again.

Everything seems to be working now

Thanks guys!

Nov 24, 2014 @ 14:49
    Martin Griffiths

Hey great stuff Ayo, I've done it myself although a long time ago, so I knew it would work.

Let me know if Courier works as well as it should!

Regards

Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft