Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rasmus Sebulonsen 15 posts 36 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 16:06
    Rasmus Sebulonsen

Upgrade error 4.8.1 to 4.9.0

Hey,

Get this error when upgrading from Umbraco 4.8.1 to 4.9.0 in the "Content" area:

It is only here in the content area the error occurs the rest of the CMS and site works normally.

Before upgrading from Umbraco 4.8.1 to 4.9.0 I succesfully upgraded the "uComponents" from version 3.1.1 to 6.0.0.

How can i fix this YSOD?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 17:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rasmus

What steps did you take in order to do the upgrade? Did you follow the official upgrade documentation?

Have you made sure to reset the permissions after upgrading? Not sure it's the culprit but I think it's worth the try so it can at leat be ruled out if it does not work. Do you see any errors in the console log of your browser when you browse a node containing a rich text editor?

Have you double checked that the tinymce files are not missing for some weird reason? And have you tried clearing the Umbraco cache by going to the /app_data/TEMP folder and deleting the clientdependency folder and then going to the /config/ClientDependency.config file incrementing the version attribute?

Hope some of these pointers help - Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Jan

Nov 25, 2014 @ 11:13
    Rasmus Sebulonsen

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. All I did to upgrade from 4.8.1 to 4.9.0 was to copy over the /Config, /Install, /Umbraco, /Umbraco_client and /bin folders I am not sure this is the officially way to do it?

What do you mean restting the permissions after upgrading?

this is what the Console tells me on the error page:

but Umbraco can easily show a text editor on for example in the "Settings" area:

I'll gues that the tinymce files are there, but don't know how many there should be .. but i guess they should be there .. :

And I have just tried to clear the Umbraco cache the you have described it with no luck ..

I'll hope this is some helpfull information to help me out?

Rasmus

Nov 25, 2014 @ 11:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rasmus

By permissions I think about the permission set on the folder containing your umbraco website. Just to figure out whether the issue is permission related or not try giving the everyone role full permissions and see if you can browse see tinymce on your document types afterwards.

If so make sure the network service and iusr has sufficient permissions.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Nov 25, 2014 @ 12:35
    Rasmus Sebulonsen

ok i set the full control for Authenticated users, SYSTEM, Administrators and all users to the folder that contains the Umbraco site, but no luck .. I was also logged in to windows in advance as an administrator so I should by deault have full control ..

Nov 25, 2014 @ 12:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rasmus

But the network service and the iusr accounts needs full permission set on the folder containing your Umbraco website and it should be inherited all the way down to the last level. I can't see those two on the screendump above :)

You can see a list here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/permissions

Hope it makes sense.

/Jan

Nov 25, 2014 @ 14:32
    Rasmus Sebulonsen

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your help but i still get the error, I have now tried to make those permssions using this guide:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line

but still no luck .. I made a .cmd file with these lines:

and executed it in the root of my site .. was this what you ment by making permissions?

Nov 25, 2014 @ 21:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rasmus

Yeah I suppose you could do it like that...I usually just do it by clicking "Edit" on the screen you posted in the previous post and then add the two users and give them full permissions.

/Jan

Nov 26, 2014 @ 09:30
    Rasmus Sebulonsen

ok so you ment like this:

and this:

was this what you ment i could do?

hmm .. but still no good ..

Nov 26, 2014 @ 09:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rasmus

Yes, that was what I had in mind.

Ok...make sure to copy over the "umbraco_client" folder once again just to make sure that the tinymce dir is indeed there. I have seen issues with this at my former job where copying over this folder or specifically the tinymce folder worked for some reason. Not sure if it's due to one forgetting to unblock the zip file if one has downloaded and unzipped the files.

Otherwise try to read the general upgrade instructions very carefully and see if a step has been missed http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft