Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DFBerry 53 posts 130 karma points
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 17:49
    DFBerry

Upgrade from 7.1.6 to 7.1.8 - how to tell if successful?

I followed the instructions to upgrade (copy files/folders) and then started the web to finish the last step (db changes and web.config ver number).

While my site runs, how do I know if the upgrade part began or completed? I didn't see anything, no screen changes, pop ups.

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 18:21
    Dan Lister

Hi DFBerry,

If you log into the back office and click the question mark icon at the bottom left of your screen, the current running Umbraco version will be displayed. If it's 7.1.8, then your upgrade has been successful. You can also check the version number in web.config. Look for the relevant AppSetting.

Thanks, Dan.

• DFBerry 53 posts 130 karma points
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 19:55
    DFBerry

On one site, the umbraco backend upgrade happened. On another, the umbraco backend upgrade didn't happen. What should I do with that second website? Is there a sql script - I'm on CE.

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 22:16
    Dan Lister

Hi DFBerry,

I would probably double check you have the correct assembly versions in your bin folder by comparing them with the upgraded website. They should have different versions numbers if the upgrade has failed. If they are different, I would try upgrading the site again.

Thanks, Dan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft