Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Kingston 46 posts 69 karma points
    Dec 01, 2014 @ 14:54
    Richard Kingston

Upgrading from 6.1.2 - DB error

Hi,

So I'm upgrading from version 6.1.2 and have followed the instructions on http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general/. Everything seems to have gone OK until the Finalise stage.

The installer is trying to upgrade the DB but hitting this fault:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: 'DFumbracoUserdefaultToLiveEditing' is not a constraint. Could not drop constraint. See previous errors. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

The log file has this to go on:

2014-12-01 13:50:56,282 [8] INFO Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner - [Thread 41] Executing sql statement 46: ALTER TABLE [umbracoUser] DROP CONSTRAINT [DFumbracoUserdefaultToLiveEditing] 2014-12-01 13:50:56,287 [8] INFO Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - [Thread 41] at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>cDisplayClass1.0() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Execute(String sql, Object[] args) 2014-12-01 13:50:56,287 [8] ERROR Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 41] Database configuration failed System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): 'DF_umbracoUser_defaultToLiveEditing' is not a constraint. Could not drop constraint. See previous errors. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry>b__0() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Execute(String sql, Object[] args) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner.ExecuteMigrations(IMigrationContext context, Database database) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner.Execute(Database database, DatabaseProviders databaseProvider, Boolean isUpgrade) at Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext.UpgradeSchemaAndData() ClientConnectionId:66fc30a0-622a-4f6c-9e85-643b709ab042 2014-12-01 13:50:56,287 [8] INFO Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 41] The database schema validation produced the following summary: The following tables were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: sysdiagrams,cmsMacroProperty The following columns were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: sysdiagrams,name,sysdiagrams,principalid,sysdiagrams,diagramid,sysdiagrams,version,sysdiagrams,definition,cmsDataType,controlId,umbracoUser,userDefaultPermissions,umbracoUser,defaultToLiveEditing,cmsDataType,propertyEditorAlias,cmsMacroProperty,id,cmsMacroProperty,editorAlias,cmsMacroProperty,macro,cmsMacroProperty,macroPropertySortOrder,cmsMacroProperty,macroPropertyAlias,cmsMacroProperty,macroPropertyName,cmsTagRelationship,propertyTypeId The following constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys and Indexes) were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: FKcmsTagRelationshipumbracoNodeid,FKcmsContentVersioncmsContentnodeId,FKcmsDocumentcmsContentnodeId,FKcmsDocumentcmsTemplatenodeId,FKcmsDocumentTypecmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsDocumentTypecmsTemplatenodeId,FKcmsDataTypePreValuescmsDataTypenodeId,FKcmsLanguageTextcmsDictionaryid,FKcmsMacroPropertycmsMacroid,FKcmsMemberTypecmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsMembercmsContentnodeId,FKcmsContentXmlcmsContentnodeId,FKcmsPreviewXmlcmsContentnodeId,FKcmsPreviewXmlcmsContentVersionVersionId,FKcmsPropertyTypeGroupcmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsPropertyTypecmsDataTypenodeId,FKcmsPropertyTypecmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsTagscmsTags,FKcmsTagRelationshipcmsContent,FKcmsTagRelationshipcmsPropertyType,FKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypecmsContentType,FKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypecmsContentType1,PKsysdiagrC2B05B61236943A5,PKcmsPreviewXml,PKcmsMacroProperty,PKcmsContentPreviewXml,IXumbracoNodeTrashed,IXumbracoNodeParentId,IXumbracoNodeObjectType,IXcmsTemplatenodeId,IXcmsContent,IXcmsContentVersionContentId,IXcmsContentVersionVersionId,IXcmsDocument,IXcmsDocumentpublished,IXcmsDocumentnewest,IXcmsContentType,IXcmsContentTypeicon,IXcmsDataTypenodeId,IXcmsDictionaryid,IXumbracoLanguagelanguageISOCode,IXumbracoLog,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsPropertyData,IXcmsPropertyData1,IXcmsPropertyData2,IXcmsPropertyData3,IXcmsTags,IXumbracoUserLoginsIndex,IXumbracoUseruserLogin,IXcmsTaskTypealias,IXcomputerName,IXumbracoServerisActive The following indexes were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: UKprincipalname,umbracoUserLoginsIndex,IXumbracoNodeTrashed,IXcmsContentVersionContentId,IXcmsDocumentpublished,IXcmsDocumentnewest,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsTags,IXumbracoUserLoginsIndex The following unknown constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys and Indexes) were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: UKprincipal_name

2014-12-01 13:50:56,288 [8] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 41] Installation step DatabaseUpgrade failed. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: 'DFumbracoUserdefaultToLiveEditing' is not a constraint. Could not drop constraint. See previous errors. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt') at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.DatabaseUpgradeStep.Execute(Object model) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction) at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel) 2014-12-01 13:50:56,288 [8] INFO Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 41] Step completed (took 148ms) 2014-12-01 13:50:56,288 [8] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 41] An error occurred during installation step DatabaseUpgrade System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: 'DF
    umbracoUserdefaultToLiveEditing' is not a constraint. Could not drop constraint. See previous errors. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt') at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.DatabaseUpgradeStep.Execute(Object model) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction) at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

It looks like it's confused by the table sysDiagrams (which I can easily delete - pretty sure I added that looking at the constraints just now), and macroPropertyType.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do here? I can't remove macroPropertyType due to it's own relationships with the macroProperty and macro tables.

A little stumped.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 01, 2014 @ 15:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

What version of Umbraco are you upgrading to? Make sure to read these documents as well http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/version-specific

/Jan

Dec 01, 2014 @ 16:06
    Richard Kingston

Hi Jan,

The latest one available in the repository v7.1.9. The release notes against it just refer me back to the main v7 upgrade path with me coming from v6.1.2. Your link does the same thing and I've followed it through as far as I can tell.

Not sure what I've missed or maybe misunderstood.

Dec 01, 2014 @ 16:47
    Richard Kingston

It seems to fail with the message:

INFO Umbrac

o.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 7] The database schema validation produced the following summary: The following tables were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: cmsMacroProperty

Even having deleted that database though, the problem remains.

I'll keep plugging away.

Dec 05, 2014 @ 10:45
    Richard Kingston

For anyone hitting this same problem in the future, I'll keep the thread going.

The message seems to be quite specific and Googling isn't coming up with much in the way of an explanation.

Going to attempt to upgrade to v7.0 instead and then on to v7.1.9 from there. Hoping the step change will make the difference.

I'll update further once I've tried that.

• Jonathan Cammisuli 3 posts 33 karma points
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 22:08
    Jonathan Cammisuli

We have an Umbraco Database version 6.1.6, and trying to update causes the same error mentioned in this thread. I tried updating from 6.1.6 to 7.0.0, 6.1.6 to 7.0.4, 6.1.6 to 7.1.0, 6.1.6 to 7.2 and they all cause the same error.

The database configuration failed with the following message: 'DF_umbracoUser_defaultToLiveEditing' is not a constraint. Could not drop constraint.

Any help is greatly appreciated, we really want to use the new grid introduced in 7.2 without having to rebuild the whole site on the newer version of Umbraco.

• Jonathan Cammisuli 3 posts 33 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 15:05
    Jonathan Cammisuli

I finally got 7.2 to install. I had to modify the database to add some constraints that were missing.

alter Table [umbracoUser] add CONSTRAINT [DF_umbracoUser_defaultToLiveEditing] DEFAULT (0) for [defaultToLiveEditing]
    alter Table [cmsMacroProperty] add CONSTRAINT [DF_cmsMacroProperty_macroPropertyHidden] DEFAULT (0) for [macroPropertyHidden]

These two columns did have a default value or binding, so I had to manually get rid of those bindings before I could add these constraints.

After I ran that script, the upgrade to 7.2 worked perfectly.

I'll leave this here in case other people need help with this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft