Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vibhanshu Mirani 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 08:35
    Vibhanshu Mirani

Can we configure Umbraco DB as Read Only on Production

Hi,

We are developing a site in Umbraco v7.2. Our client has setup a load balancing environment on Production.

Due to security reasons client wants the Umbraco DB to be read only on front end servers. For uploading the content and accessing Umbraco dashboard there will be a different Back office server altogethere where the DB would be configured as read/write. And then using synchronization and replication data would be replicated from back office server on to front end servers.

I just want to confirm will there be any issues if we configure Umbraco DB as read only on front end servers??

Regards,

Vibhanshu

• Murray Roke 502 posts 965 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2015 @ 00:11
    Murray Roke

I think you'd have issues with umbraco wanting to write to the umbracoLog table (or has this changed in 7.x )

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2015 @ 12:17
    Dan Lister

@Murray I believe this has changed. Umbraco's log entries are wrote to disk at ~/App_Data/Logs/

@Vibhanshu Could you not just disable Umbraco access on your front-end servers? Adding a ~/umbraco/web.config file and a rewrite rule to block access should work. To synchronise content from your back office server to front end servers, you could use Umbraco's Distributed Calling which should do the job you require.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft