Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Derrik 29 posts 98 karma points
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 22:03
    Derrik

Error after upgrading from 7.1.8 to 7.2.0

I am getting an error after upgrading from 7.1.8 to 7.2.0 through NuGet in VS:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Source Error: 

Line 10:   <ExamineIndexProviders>
    Line 11:     <providers>
    Line 12:       <add name="InternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
    Line 13:            supportUnpublished="true"
    Line 14:            supportProtected="true"

Source File: C:\Users\derrik\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\PorzioLifeSciences\website\config\ExamineSettings.config    Line: 12 

I have tried a few times and get the same error each time. I also tried a manual update, which seemed to work - the front end of the site loaded, but when I tried to access the back office it was a blank white screen. Any help diagnosing would be appreciated. Thanks

• Derrik 29 posts 98 karma points
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 22:37
    Derrik

We narrowed the issue down to this line:

ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection[Indexer].GatheringNodeData += ExamineEvents_GatheringNodeData;

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 05:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Derrik

Have you tried clearing the client dependency cache?

1: Go to /app_data/TEMP/ClientDependency and delte the files in the folder 2: Go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version attribute 3: Recycle the app pool

In the /app_data/TEMP folder it might also be a good idea to delete the temp files in the Examine folder as well.

Does that help?

/Jan

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 09:19
    Dan Lister

Hi Derrik,

I had the exact same issue. Are you using the GatheringNodeData event in an ApplicationEvent by any chance? Like the following?

using Examine;
    using Umbraco.Core;

namespace Application.Events
    {
        public class CustomApplicationEvent : ApplicationEventHandler
        {
            public CustomApplicationEvent()
            {
                ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection["CustomIndexer"].GatheringNodeData
                    += OnGatheringNodeData;
            }

private static void OnGatheringNodeData(object sender, IndexingNodeDataEventArgs e)
            {
            }
        }
    }

If you are, like me, then you are doing it wrong. See this documentation page for more information. You'll want to go through all your application events and make sure you are implementing them in the correct way. Like the following:

using Examine;
    using Umbraco.Core;

namespace Application.Events
    {
        public class CustomApplicationEvent : IApplicationEventHandler
        {
            private static readonly object s_LockObj = new object();
            private static bool s_Ran; 

public void OnApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
            {
                if (s_Ran) 
                    return;

lock (s_LockObj)
                {
                    if (s_Ran) 
                        return;

ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection["CustomIndexer"].GatheringNodeData
                        += OnGatheringNodeData;

s_Ran = true;
                }
            }

private static void OnGatheringNodeData(object sender, IndexingNodeDataEventArgs e)
            {
            }

public void OnApplicationInitialized(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
            {
            }

public void OnApplicationStarting(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
            {
            }
        }
    }

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

• Andrew Munro 78 posts 161 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 21:16
    Andrew Munro

Thanks a bunch Dan. Not sure if this was Derrik's issue but this fixed everythig for me

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft