Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chakib 11 posts 41 karma points
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 17:30
    chakib

Upgrade 7.1.8 to 7.2.0 Fails

Followed the general upgrade guide, WinMerged all /config/ files, and copied /bin/, /umbraco/, and /umbraco_client/. I copied over the db connection string, but am unsure if the umbracoConfigurationStatus should be set to "7.1.8" or "7.2.0" i have this message error ,
    Error during installation

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKcmsContentcmsContentTypenodeId". The conflict occurred in database "++", table "dbo.cmsContentType", column 'nodeId'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

See the log for full details (logs can typically be found in the App_Data\Logs folder).

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 19:25
    Dennis Aaen

Hi chakib and welcome to our,

Here is a similar question about upgrade from 7,1.8 to 7.2.0 fails, http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/59596-Upgrade-718-to-720-Fails, perhaps you could try what Jan, suggest in this post.

If this doesn´t help, then you could try go to the file system of your Umbraco installation and find the /App_Data/Logs folder, in there you will find the log files of Umbraco and get full access to the logs. Maybe this can give you an idea of why you get the error about the databse configuartion.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 09, 2014 @ 21:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi chakib and welcome to our :)

If you have done the upgrade and need to change the umbracoConfigurationStatus manually then it should be set to 7.2.0. But usually this should happen automatically.

But does it help if you set it to 7.2.0 manually in the web.config? Or does the issue remain?

If so...what database are you currently using? And is it happening locally? And do you make use of any 3rd party packages, custom trees etc.?

/Jan

Dec 09, 2014 @ 22:55
    chakib

thank you guys (Dennis *Jan), my upgrade doesn't finished, i had this error when i want to upgrade my umbraco . jen i use in local ofcourse Dennis i use sql server and visual studio , i tried to do it and also after i give the permission to my computer and i have the same error thank you again guys

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 17:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chakib

Please don't double post - If you for some reason is impatient about getting a respond it's better to bump your original post. Otherwise things can get a bit confusing for all parties involved :) I removed the new post you made so we can keep the dialogue in this one - that way you can also easily see the history and former suggestions etc.

Are you using any custom code in the backoffice? Like custom property editors, custom Umbraco API integration or could the issue be related to any 3rd party packages you may have installed?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

Dec 10, 2014 @ 22:33
    chakib

hi jan , i have more tables than umbraco , controller , some page of code more for help me to good fonctionnement of my web site and also urltraker api and the message error is : Error during installation

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKcmsContentcmsContentTypenodeId". The conflict occurred in database "my database name", table "dbo.cmsContentType", column 'nodeId'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

• Jonas 123 posts 206 karma points
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 10:50
    Jonas

I have the same Issue, upgrading from 6.1 to 7.2

Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKcmsContentcmsContentTypenodeId". The conflict occurred in database "UmbracoXXXXX", table "dbo.cmsContentType", column 'nodeId'.

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:01
    Robert J. Bullock

I get this error as well during upgrade from 6.2.4 to 7.2...

The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_cmsContent_cmsContentType_nodeId". 

Robert

Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:03
    Robert J. Bullock

Here's the full error from the log file:

014-12-15 15:02:08,453 [43] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 38] Installation step DatabaseUpgrade failed.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_cmsContent_cmsContentType_nodeId". The conflict occurred in database "Medstaff2014", table "dbo.cmsContentType", column 'nodeId'.

Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.DatabaseUpgradeStep.Execute(Object model)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction)

at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

2014-12-15 15:02:08,453 [43] INFO  Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 38] Step completed (took 1282ms)

2014-12-15 15:02:08,453 [43] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 38] An error occurred during installation step DatabaseUpgrade

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_cmsContent_cmsContentType_nodeId". The conflict occurred in database "Medstaff2014", table "dbo.cmsContentType", column 'nodeId'.

Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.DatabaseUpgradeStep.Execute(Object model)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction)

at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:06
    chakib

hi robert welcome to group i have the same problem and i couldn't resolve the problem

Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:07
    Robert J. Bullock

The following was in the log file right before the upgrade failed... could be helpful:

2014-12-15 15:02:08,453 [43] INFO Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 38] The database schema validation produced the following summary: The following tables were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: umbracoUserGroup,cmsMacroPropertyType,umbracoStylesheetProperty,umbracoStatEntry,umbracoStylesheet,umbracoStatSession,umbracoUser2userGroup The following columns were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: umbracoUserGroup,id,umbracoUserGroup,userGroupName,cmsMacroPropertyType,id,cmsMacroPropertyType,macroPropertyTypeAlias,cmsMacroPropertyType,macroPropertyTypeRenderAssembly,cmsMacroPropertyType,macroPropertyTypeRenderType,cmsMacroPropertyType,macroPropertyTypeBaseType,umbracoStylesheetProperty,id,umbracoStylesheetProperty,stylesheetPropertyEditor,umbracoStylesheetProperty,stylesheet,umbracoStylesheetProperty,stylesheetPropertyAlias,umbracoStylesheetProperty,stylesheetPropertyName,umbracoStylesheetProperty,stylesheetPropertyValue,cmsDataType,controlId,umbracoStatEntry,SessionId,umbracoStatEntry,EntryTime,umbracoStatEntry,RefNodeId,umbracoStatEntry,NodeId,umbracoStylesheet,nodeId,umbracoStylesheet,filename,umbracoStylesheet,content,umbracoStatSession,id,umbracoStatSession,MemberId,umbracoStatSession,NewsletterId,umbracoStatSession,ReturningUser,umbracoStatSession,SessionStart,umbracoStatSession,SessionEnd,umbracoStatSession,Language,umbracoStatSession,UserAgent,umbracoStatSession,Browser,umbracoStatSession,BrowserVersion,umbracoStatSession,OperatingSystem,umbracoStatSession,Ip,umbracoStatSession,Referrer,umbracoStatSession,ReferrerKeyword,umbracoStatSession,allowCookies,umbracoStatSession,visitorId,umbracoStatSession,browserType,umbracoStatSession,isHuman,umbracoUser2userGroup,user,umbracoUser2userGroup,userGroup,cmsMacroProperty,macroPropertyHidden,cmsMacroProperty,macroPropertyType,umbracoUser,userDefaultPermissions,umbracoUser,defaultToLiveEditing,cmsDocument,alias,cmsDataType,propertyEditorAlias,cmsMacroProperty,editorAlias,cmsTagRelationship,propertyTypeId The following constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys and Indexes) were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: FK_cmsContent_umbracoNode,FK_cmsContentType_umbracoNode,FK_cmsDocument_umbracoNode,FK_cmsPropertyData_umbracoNode,FK_cmsPropertyType_cmsTab,FK_cmsTask_cmsTaskType,FK_umbracoMacroProperty_umbracoMacroPropertyType,FK_umbracoNode_umbracoNode,FK_user_userType,FK_user2userGroup_user,FK_user2userGroup_userGroup,FK_umbracoNode_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsContentType_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsTemplate_cmsTemplate,FK_cmsContent_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsContent_cmsContentType_nodeId,FK_cmsContentVersion_cmsContent_nodeId,FK_cmsDocument_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsDocument_cmsContent_nodeId,FK_cmsDocument_cmsTemplate_nodeId,FK_cmsDocumentType_cmsContentType_nodeId,FK_cmsDocumentType_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsDocumentType_cmsTemplate_nodeId,FK_cmsDataType_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsDataTypePreValues_cmsDataType_nodeId,FK_cmsLanguageText_cmsDictionary_id,FK_umbracoDomains_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsMacroProperty_cmsMacro_id,FK_cmsMemberType_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsMemberType_cmsContentType_nodeId,FK_cmsMember_cmsContent_nodeId,FK_cmsMember_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsMember2MemberGroup_cmsMember_nodeId,FK_cmsMember2MemberGroup_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsContentXml_cmsContent_nodeId,FK_cmsPreviewXml_cmsContent_nodeId,FK_cmsPreviewXml_cmsContentVersion_VersionId,FK_cmsPropertyTypeGroup_cmsContentType_nodeId,FK_cmsPropertyType_cmsDataType_nodeId,FK_cmsPropertyType_cmsContentType_nodeId,FK_cmsPropertyType_cmsPropertyTypeGroup_id,FK_cmsPropertyData_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType_id,FK_umbracoRelation_umbracoNode,FK_umbracoRelation_umbracoNode1,FK_umbracoRelation_umbracoRelationType_id,FK_cmsStylesheet_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsTags_cmsTags,FK_cmsTagRelationship_cmsContent,FK_cmsTagRelationship_cmsTags_id,FK_cmsTagRelationship_cmsPropertyType,FK_umbracoUser_umbracoUserType_id,FK_cmsTask_cmsTaskType_id,FK_cmsTask_umbracoNode_id,FK_cmsTask_umbracoUser,FK_cmsTask_umbracoUser1,FK_cmsContentType2ContentType_umbracoNode_parent,FK_cmsContentType2ContentType_umbracoNode_child,FK_cmsContentTypeAllowedContentType_cmsContentType,FK_cmsContentTypeAllowedContentType_cmsContentType1,FK_umbracoUser2app_umbracoUser_id,FK_umbracoUser2NodeNotify_umbracoUser_id,FK_umbracoUser2NodeNotify_umbracoNode_id,FK_umbracoUser2NodePermission_umbracoUser_id,FK_umbracoUser2NodePermission_umbracoNode_id,PK__cmsConte__3213E83F4CA06362,PK_cmsTab,PK_domains,PK_language,PK_macro,PK_macroProperty,PK_macroPropertyType,PK_stylesheetProperty,PK_templates,PK_umbracoStartSession,PK_umbracoStatEntry,PK_umbracoStylesheet,PK_user2userGroup,PK_userGroup,PK_userType,PK_cmsTemplate,PK_cmsContentVersion,PK_umbracoLanguage,PK_umbracoDomains,PK_cmsMacro,PK_cmsMacroProperty,PK_cmsMember,PK_cmsPropertyTypeGroup,PK_cmsStylesheet,PK_cmsStylesheetProperty,PK_umbracoUserType,IX_umbracoNodeTrashed,IX_umbracoNodeParentId,IX_umbracoNodeUniqueID,IX_umbracoNodeObjectType,IX_cmsContentType,IX_cmsContentType_icon,IX_cmsTemplate_nodeId,IX_cmsContent,IX_cmsContentVersion_ContentId,IX_cmsContentVersion_VersionId,IX_cmsDocument,IX_cmsDocument_published,IX_cmsDocument_newest,IX_cmsDataType_nodeId,IX_cmsDictionary_id,IX_umbracoLanguage_languageISOCode,IX_umbracoLog,IX_cmsMacroPropertyAlias,IX_cmsMacroProperty_Alias,IX_cmsPropertyData,IX_cmsPropertyData_1,IX_cmsPropertyData_2,IX_cmsPropertyData_3,IX_cmsTags,IX_umbracoUserLogins_Index,IX_umbracoUser_userLogin,IX_cmsTaskType_alias,IX_computerName,IX_umbracoServer_isActive The following indexes were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: IX_umbracoNodeParentId,IX_umbracoNodeUniqueID,IX_umbracoNodeObjectType,IX_cmsContentType,IX_cmsContentType_icon,IX_cmsTemplate_nodeId,IX_cmsContent,IX_cmsContentVersion_VersionId,IX_cmsDocument,IX_cmsDataType_nodeId,IX_cmsDictionary_id,IX_umbracoLanguage_languageISOCode,IX_umbracoLog,IX_cmsMacroPropertyAlias,IX_cmsMacroProperty_Alias,IX_cmsPropertyData,IX_cmsPropertyData_1,IX_cmsPropertyData_2,IX_cmsPropertyData_3,IX_cmsTags,IX_umbracoUser_userLogin,IX_cmsTaskType_alias The following unknown constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys and Indexes) were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: cmsTags_cmsTagRelationship,umbracoNode_cmsTagRelationship

Something to do with jumping from 6.2 to 7.2?

Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:10
    chakib

for me i try to update from 7.1.8 to 7.2.0 doesn't work for that i only update with 7.1.9 and it's work but they haven't the new cool addition like 7.1.9

Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:12
    Robert J. Bullock

Have you tried upgrading to 7.1.9 then 7.2.0 or does that fail as well?

Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:13
    chakib

of course i did it but doesn't work also

Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:29
    Robert J. Bullock

Hmmm, I get this when upgrading to 7.1.9:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: 'DF_cmsMacroProperty_macroPropertyHidden' is not a constraint. Could not drop constraint. See previous errors. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

Clearly my database got messed up somewhere along the line...

Robert

Dec 15, 2014 @ 21:31
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 14:54
    chakib

hello guys , i have a same problem with new version 7.2.1 can you help me please , i didn't know what i do

Error during installation

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKcmsContentcmsContentTypenodeId". The conflict occurred in database "My database name", table "dbo.cmsContentType", column 'nodeId'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

See the log for full details (logs can typically be found in the App_Data\Logs folder). in file logs : 2014-12-29 10:17:18,254 [11] INFO Umbraco.Core.DatabaseContext - [Thread 42] The database schema validation produced the following summary: The following tables were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: Appointment,Contact,ERZIP,icUrlTracker,markers

The following columns were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: Appointment,ID,Appointment,FullName,Appointment,Email,Appointment,DateTime,Appointment,DayPhone,Appointment,NightPhone,Appointment,Message,Appointment,RegionSelected,Appointment,CliniqueSelected,Appointment,WhySelected,Appointment,Type,Appointment,ZipCode,Appointment,ListRegions,Appointment,ListCliniques,cmsDocument,alias,Contact,ID,Contact,FirstName,Contact,LastName,Contact,Adresse,Contact,City,Contact,postal_Code,Contact,PhoneDay,Contact,phoneNight,Contact,Email,ERZIP,ID,ERZIP,ZIP,ERZIP,Latitude,ERZIP,Longitude,ERZIP,City,ERZIP,State,ERZIP,GeoLoc,icUrlTracker,Id,icUrlTracker,OldUrl,icUrlTracker,OldUrlQueryString,icUrlTracker,OldRegex,icUrlTracker,RedirectRootNodeId,icUrlTracker,RedirectNodeId,icUrlTracker,RedirectUrl,icUrlTracker,RedirectHttpCode,icUrlTracker,RedirectPassThroughQueryString,icUrlTracker,Notes,icUrlTracker,Is404,icUrlTracker,Referrer,icUrlTracker,Inserted,icUrlTracker,ForceRedirect,markers,id,markers,NodeId,markers,lat,markers,lng,markers,GeoLoc,markers,Succursale,markers,Region,markers,IsSuccursale

The following constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys and Indexes) were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: FKumbracoNodeumbracoNodeid,FKcmsContentTypeumbracoNodeid,FKcmsTemplateumbracoNode,FKcmsTemplatecmsTemplate,FKcmsContentumbracoNodeid,FKcmsContentcmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsContentVersioncmsContentnodeId,FKcmsDocumentcmsContentnodeId,FKcmsDocumentumbracoNodeid,FKcmsDocumentcmsTemplatenodeId,FKcmsDocumentTypeumbracoNodeid,FKcmsDocumentTypecmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsDocumentTypecmsTemplatenodeId,FKcmsDataTypeumbracoNodeid,FKcmsDataTypePreValuescmsDataTypenodeId,FKcmsLanguageTextcmsDictionaryid,FKumbracoDomainsumbracoNodeid,FKcmsMacroPropertycmsMacroid,FKcmsMemberTypeumbracoNodeid,FKcmsMemberTypecmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsMembercmsContentnodeId,FKcmsMemberumbracoNodeid,FKcmsMember2MemberGroupcmsMembernodeId,FKcmsMember2MemberGroupumbracoNodeid,FKcmsContentXmlcmsContentnodeId,FKcmsPreviewXmlcmsContentnodeId,FKcmsPreviewXmlcmsContentVersionVersionId,FKcmsPropertyTypeGroupcmsPropertyTypeGroupid,FKcmsPropertyTypeGroupcmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsPropertyTypecmsDataTypenodeId,FKcmsPropertyTypecmsContentTypenodeId,FKcmsPropertyTypecmsPropertyTypeGroupid,FKcmsPropertyDataumbracoNodeid,FKcmsPropertyDatacmsPropertyTypeid,FKumbracoRelationumbracoNode,FKumbracoRelationumbracoNode1,FKumbracoRelationumbracoRelationTypeid,FKcmsStylesheetumbracoNodeid,FKcmsTagscmsTags,FKcmsTagRelationshipcmsContent,FKcmsTagRelationshipcmsTagsid,FKcmsTagRelationshipcmsPropertyType,FKumbracoUserumbracoUserTypeid,FKcmsTaskcmsTaskTypeid,FKcmsTaskumbracoNodeid,FKcmsTaskumbracoUser,FKcmsTaskumbracoUser1,FKcmsContentType2ContentTypeumbracoNodeparent,FKcmsContentType2ContentTypeumbracoNodechild,FKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypecmsContentType,FKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypecmsContentType1,FKumbracoUser2appumbracoUserid,FKumbracoUser2NodeNotifyumbracoUserid,FKumbracoUser2NodeNotifyumbracoNodeid,FKumbracoUser2NodePermissionumbracoUserid,FKumbracoUser2NodePermissionumbracoNodeid,PKERZIP3214EC27DB46F3A8,PKmarkers3213E83F1FB976A2,PKicUrlTracker,PKstructure,PKcmsContentType,PKcmsTemplate,PKcmsContent,PKcmsContentVersion,PKcmsDocument,PKcmsDocumentType,PKcmsDataType,PKcmsDataTypePreValues,PKcmsDictionary,PKcmsLanguageText,PKumbracoLanguage,PKumbracoDomains,PKumbracoLog,PKcmsMacro,PKcmsMacroProperty,PKcmsMemberType,PKcmsMember,PKcmsMember2MemberGroup,PKcmsContentXml,PKcmsContentPreviewXml,PKcmsPropertyTypeGroup,PKcmsPropertyType,PKcmsPropertyData,PKumbracoRelationType,PKumbracoRelation,PKcmsStylesheet,PKcmsStylesheetProperty,PKcmsTags,PKcmsTagRelationship,PKumbracoUserType,PKuser,PKcmsTaskType,PKcmsTask,PKcmsContentType2ContentType,PKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentType,PKuser2app,PKumbracoUser2NodeNotify,PKumbracoUser2NodePermission,PKumbracoServer,IXumbracoNodeTrashed,IXumbracoNodeParentId,IXumbracoNodeUniqueID,IXumbracoNodeObjectType,IXcmsContentType,IXcmsContentTypeicon,IXcmsTemplatenodeId,IXcmsContent,IXcmsContentVersionContentId,IXcmsContentVersionVersionId,IXcmsDocument,IXcmsDocumentpublished,IXcmsDocumentnewest,IXcmsDataTypenodeId,IXcmsDictionaryid,IXumbracoLanguagelanguageISOCode,IXumbracoLog,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsMacroPropertyAlias,IXcmsPropertyData,IXcmsPropertyData1,IXcmsPropertyData2,IXcmsPropertyData3,IXcmsTags,IXumbracoUserLoginsIndex,IXumbracoUseruserLogin,IXcmsTaskTypealias,IXcomputerName,IXumbracoServerisActive

The following indexes were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: PrimaryKey84c45bc6-ef36-4e40-8b9d-e67db92db20a,cmsContentPKcmsContent,cmsContentTypePKcmsContentType,cmsContentType2ContentTypePKcmsContentType2ContentType,cmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypePKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentType,cmsContentVersionPKcmsContentVersion,cmsContentXmlPKcmsContentXml,cmsDataTypePKcmsDataType,cmsDataTypePreValuesPKcmsDataTypePreValues,cmsDictionaryPKcmsDictionary,cmsDocumentPKcmsDocument,cmsDocumentTypePKcmsDocumentType,cmsLanguageTextPKcmsLanguageText,cmsMacroPKcmsMacro,cmsMacroPropertyPKcmsMacroProperty,cmsMemberPKcmsMember,cmsMember2MemberGroupPKcmsMember2MemberGroup,cmsMemberTypePKcmsMemberType,cmsPreviewXmlPKcmsContentPreviewXml,cmsPropertyDataPKcmsPropertyData,cmsPropertyTypePKcmsPropertyType,cmsPropertyTypeGroupPKcmsPropertyTypeGroup,cmsStylesheetPKcmsStylesheet,cmsStylesheetPropertyPKcmsStylesheetProperty,cmsTagRelationshipPKcmsTagRelationship,cmsTagsPKcmsTags,cmsTaskPKcmsTask,cmsTaskTypePKcmsTaskType,cmsTemplatePKcmsTemplate,ContactPKContact0000000000000407,umbracoDomainsPKumbracoDomains,umbracoLanguagePKumbracoLanguage,umbracoLogPKumbracoLog,umbracoNodePKstructure,umbracoRelationPKumbracoRelation,umbracoRelationTypePKumbracoRelationType,umbracoServerPKumbracoServer,umbracoUserPKuser,umbracoUser2appPKuser2app,umbracoUser2NodeNotifyPKumbracoUser2NodeNotify,umbracoUser2NodePermissionPKumbracoUser2NodePermission,umbracoUserTypePKumbracoUserType,IX_umbracoNodeUniqueID

The following unknown constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys and Indexes) were found in the database, but are not in the current schema: cmsContentFKcmsContentumbracoNodeid,cmsContentPKcmsContent,cmsContentTypeFKcmsContentTypeumbracoNodeid,cmsContentTypePKcmsContentType,cmsContentType2ContentTypeFKcmsContentType2ContentTypeumbracoNodechild,cmsContentType2ContentTypeFKcmsContentType2ContentTypeumbracoNodeparent,cmsContentType2ContentTypePKcmsContentType2ContentType,cmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypeFKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypecmsContentType,cmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypeFKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypecmsContentType1,cmsContentTypeAllowedContentTypePKcmsContentTypeAllowedContentType,cmsContentVersionFKcmsContentVersioncmsContentnodeId,cmsContentVersionPKcmsContentVersion,cmsContentXmlFKcmsContentXmlcmsContentnodeId,cmsContentXmlPKcmsContentXml,cmsDataTypeFKcmsDataTypeumbracoNodeid,cmsDataTypePKcmsDataType,cmsDataTypePreValuesFKcmsDataTypePreValuescmsDataTypenodeId,cmsDataTypePreValuesPKcmsDataTypePreValues,cmsDictionaryPKcmsDictionary,cmsDocumentFKcmsDocumentcmsContentnodeId,cmsDocumentFKcmsDocumentcmsTemplatenodeId,cmsDocumentFKcmsDocumentumbracoNodeid,cmsDocumentPKcmsDocument,cmsDocumentTypeFKcmsDocumentTypecmsContentTypenodeId,cmsDocumentTypeFKcmsDocumentTypecmsTemplatenodeId,cmsDocumentTypeFKcmsDocumentTypeumbracoNodeid,cmsDocumentTypePKcmsDocumentType,cmsLanguageTextFKcmsLanguageTextcmsDictionaryid,cmsLanguageTextPKcmsLanguageText,cmsMacroPKcmsMacro,cmsMacroPropertyFKcmsMacroPropertycmsMacroid,cmsMacroPropertyPKcmsMacroProperty,cmsMemberFKcmsMembercmsContentnodeId,cmsMemberFKcmsMemberumbracoNodeid,cmsMemberPKcmsMember,cmsMember2MemberGroupFKcmsMember2MemberGroupcmsMembernodeId,cmsMember2MemberGroupFKcmsMember2MemberGroupumbracoNodeid,cmsMember2MemberGroupPKcmsMember2MemberGroup,cmsMemberTypeFKcmsMemberTypecmsContentTypenodeId,cmsMemberTypeFKcmsMemberTypeumbracoNodeid,cmsMemberTypePKcmsMemberType,cmsPreviewXmlFKcmsPreviewXmlcmsContentnodeId,cmsPreviewXmlFKcmsPreviewXmlcmsContentVersionVersionId,cmsPreviewXmlPKcmsContentPreviewXml,cmsPropertyDataFKcmsPropertyDatacmsPropertyTypeid,cmsPropertyDataFKcmsPropertyDataumbracoNodeid,cmsPropertyDataPKcmsPropertyData,cmsPropertyTypeFKcmsPropertyTypecmsContentTypenodeId,cmsPropertyTypeFKcmsPropertyTypecmsDataTypenodeId,cmsPropertyTypeFKcmsPropertyTypecmsPropertyTypeGroupid,cmsPropertyTypePKcmsPropertyType,cmsPropertyTypeGroupFKcmsPropertyTypeGroupcmsContentTypenodeId,cmsPropertyTypeGroupFKcmsPropertyTypeGroupcmsPropertyTypeGroupid,cmsPropertyTypeGroupPKcmsPropertyTypeGroup,cmsStylesheetFKcmsStylesheetumbracoNodeid,cmsStylesheetPKcmsStylesheet,cmsStylesheetPropertyPKcmsStylesheetProperty,cmsTagRelationshipFKcmsTagRelationshipcmsContent,cmsTagRelationshipFKcmsTagRelationshipcmsPropertyType,cmsTagRelationshipFKcmsTagRelationshipcmsTagsid,cmsTagRelationshipPKcmsTagRelationship,cmsTagsFKcmsTagscmsTags,cmsTagsPKcmsTags,cmsTaskFKcmsTaskcmsTaskTypeid,cmsTaskFKcmsTaskumbracoNodeid,cmsTaskFKcmsTaskumbracoUser,cmsTaskFKcmsTaskumbracoUser1,cmsTaskPKcmsTask,cmsTaskTypePKcmsTaskType,cmsTemplateFKcmsTemplatecmsTemplate,cmsTemplateFKcmsTemplateumbracoNode,cmsTemplatePKcmsTemplate,ContactPKContact0000000000000407,PrimaryKey84c45bc6-ef36-4e40-8b9d-e67db92db20a,umbracoDomainsFKumbracoDomainsumbracoNodeid,umbracoDomainsPKumbracoDomains,umbracoLanguagePKumbracoLanguage,umbracoLogPKumbracoLog,umbracoNodeFKumbracoNodeumbracoNodeid,umbracoNodePKstructure,umbracoRelationFKumbracoRelationumbracoNode,umbracoRelationFKumbracoRelationumbracoNode1,umbracoRelationFKumbracoRelationumbracoRelationTypeid,umbracoRelationPKumbracoRelation,umbracoRelationTypePKumbracoRelationType,umbracoServerPKumbracoServer,umbracoUserFKumbracoUserumbracoUserTypeid,umbracoUserPKuser,umbracoUser2appFKumbracoUser2appumbracoUserid,umbracoUser2appPKuser2app,umbracoUser2NodeNotifyFKumbracoUser2NodeNotifyumbracoNodeid,umbracoUser2NodeNotifyFKumbracoUser2NodeNotifyumbracoUserid,umbracoUser2NodeNotifyPKumbracoUser2NodeNotify,umbracoUser2NodePermissionFKumbracoUser2NodePermissionumbracoNodeid,umbracoUser2NodePermissionFKumbracoUser2NodePermissionumbracoUserid,umbracoUser2NodePermissionPKumbracoUser2NodePermission,umbracoUserTypePK_umbracoUserType

2014-12-29 10:17:18,272 [11] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 42] Installation step DatabaseUpgrade failed. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKcmsContentcmsContentTypenodeId". The conflict occurred in database "equilibreweb", table "dbo.cmsContentType", column 'nodeId'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt') à Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.DatabaseUpgradeStep.Execute(Object model) --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne --- à System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) à System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) à System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) à System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) à Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction) à Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel) 2014-12-29 10:17:18,281 [11] INFO Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 42] Step completed (took 754ms) 2014-12-29 10:17:18,281 [11] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 42] An error occurred during installation step DatabaseUpgrade System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKcmsContentcmsContentTypenodeId". The conflict occurred in database "equilibreweb", table "dbo.cmsContentType", column 'nodeId'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt') à Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.DatabaseUpgradeStep.Execute(Object model) --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne --- à System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) à System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) à System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) à System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) à Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction) à Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

• Søren Friis Dam 2 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 14:26
    Søren Friis Dam

Any news on this issue? I have this exact issue when I try to upgrade from version 7.0.4 to version 7.2.1

Any help appreciated...

• Robin Hansen 135 posts 368 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 13:57
    Robin Hansen

I got the same issue - got this error msg during upgrade:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Cannot find the object "cmsDataTypePreValues" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

• Jonas 123 posts 206 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 09:03
    Jonas

We are having the same problem when upgrading from 7.1.8 -> 7.2.1

• Robin Hansen 135 posts 368 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 13:23
    Robin Hansen

I've managed to solve my problem - my dba changed my user acces to 'owner' - that seemed to solve it - I'm now running ver. 7.2.1 smoothly :-)

• Edwin van Koppen 156 posts 270 karma points
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 17:28
    Edwin van Koppen

Anyone solved this?

Mar 11, 2015 @ 17:12
    Edwin van Koppen

The problem is that the contenttype table in cmsContent is sometimes 0 (no contenttype).. after delete of those rows the update works

Mar 17, 2015 @ 10:34
    Edwin van Koppen

This solved it for me..

DELETE FROM dbo.cmsContentVersion WHERE contentid in ( SELECT nodeid FROM [dbo].[cmsContent] WHERE [contentType] = 0)

DELETE FROM dbo.cmsMember WHERE nodeid in ( SELECT nodeid FROM [dbo].[cmsContent] WHERE [contentType] = 0)

DELETE FROM [dbo].[cmsContent] WHERE [contentType] = 0

• Loyd 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 01, 2015 @ 14:39
    Loyd

Hi there,

I had the same problem and solved it with this:

ALTER TABLE dbo.cmsContentVersion DROP CONSTRAINT FK_cmsContentVersion_cmsContent
    GO

DELETE FROM dbo.cmsContent WHERE contentType NOT IN (SELECT dbo.cmsContentType.nodeId FROM dbo.cmsContentType)
    GO

Posting this just in case someone else comes across this issue again. And some reference for anyone interested: CLICK ME

• Ken Beck 1 post 41 karma points
    Nov 30, 2015 @ 22:42
    Ken Beck

Just a quick follow-up here as I just came across this issue as well. Loyd's comment is mostly correct, but can be expanded upon without needing to drop the cmsContentVersion constraint:

DELETE FROM dbo.cmsContentVersion WHERE contentid in ( SELECT nodeid FROM [dbo].[cmsContent] WHERE [contentType]  NOT IN (SELECT dbo.cmsContentType.nodeId FROM dbo.cmsContentType))
    DELETE FROM dbo.cmsMember WHERE nodeid in ( SELECT nodeid FROM [dbo].[cmsContent] WHERE [contentType]  NOT IN (SELECT dbo.cmsContentType.nodeId FROM dbo.cmsContentType))
    DELETE FROM [dbo].[cmsContent] WHERE [contentType]  NOT IN (SELECT dbo.cmsContentType.nodeId FROM dbo.cmsContentType)

This combines both Loyd's approach and Edwin van Koppen's approach to account for not only zeroed-out contentTypes, but also contentTypes that no longer exist.

Apr 19, 2016 @ 20:26
    chakib

Thank you Ken Beck

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft