Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikola 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 16:06
    Nikola

Installing an Umbraco 7.1.6 on Blacknight hosting service

Hello our users,

As an introduction, this is the first project I'm working on in Umbraco and have read through most of the similar topics with issues like mine.

Locally my site is working perfectly, when I upload the entire project on the hosting service it gives an internal server issue.

The server has full trust enabled, the web.config is set, have set permissions on files/folders and I'm still getting an internal 500 server error.

I've written a ticket to enable detailed servers errors but it's taking a bit longer than expected so I thought maybe someone else has had some similar experience and can point me to something I could have missed while configuring the application.

Thank you in advance,

Nikola.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 16:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nikola and welcome to our :)

I have not tried using the mentioned host myself but since you're getting a server error I don't think that there is much you can do about it. Sounds like an issue in their end.

In general whenever you're having issue on shared hosting I would always recommend to get in touch with support in order to make sure that eveything has been setup correctly in their end since one does not control this environment and does have limited access in order to get everything setup correctly.

So I guess it's best to be patient and await the answer from the hosting provider.

Just my 2 cents.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft