Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Tregoning 63 posts 236 karma points
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 17:17
    David Tregoning

Upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.2.0

I used Nuget to upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.2.0 as per this page http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general

Upon completion when I go to my home page I see this error:First Error

Looking on some forums it was suggested to copy the System.Web.Http.dll back into the bin file but when I did that I then got this error:

Second error

Any suggestions?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 17:20
    Lee Kelleher

Hi David,

Is the umbraco.dll in your /bin folder?

Thanks,
    - Lee

Dec 12, 2014 @ 17:30
    David Tregoning

Hi Lee,

It was not, but now it is and I am back to the first error message again

David

Dec 12, 2014 @ 17:41
    Lee Kelleher

... and the System.Web.Http.dll is in there too? (The error message suggests that it is missing)

Thanks,
    - Lee

Dec 16, 2014 @ 12:07
    David Tregoning

That was the first file I copied across, I have now copied both files and rebuilt the solution and once I closed down Visual Studio I could now see the website.

However when I sign in to the admin it looks exactly the same (after the upgrade) and I do not see any additional icons down the left hand side, but my Web.config file shows <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.2.0" />

Dec 16, 2014 @ 15:19
    Lee Kelleher

Hi David,

With reference to your original reply, (as it seems edited since), the screengrab suggests that another process had locked the SQL CE database file. When this happens to me, it is usually because I'm viewing the database in Visual Studio (using a tool like SQL CE Toolkit). So closing down either that tool, or Visual Studio itself will resolve that.

SQL CE process locked

As for the additional icons - which icons are you expecting to see? I know that v7.2.0 introduces the Forms section, but you'll probably need to go into the User section and grant your user-account with the correct permission. This would only happen with upgrades; new installs should grant the permission automatically.

Cheers,
    - Lee

Dec 16, 2014 @ 16:40
    David Tregoning

Hi Lee,

Thanks for all your help - yes post was edited as I resolved some issues after writing it. I was not editing the database but when I closed down Visual Studio as you say it resolved it Ignore me about the icons, sorted it now.

Kind Regards

David

Dec 16, 2014 @ 16:42
    Lee Kelleher

Cool, glad that it's all working for you now. I know how frustrating it is when an upgrade doesn't go quite right.

Cheers,
    - Lee

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft