Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 07:44
    Tom

How to find out what db changes were made when upgrading?

Hi I upgraded from 6.0.5 to 6.2.4 and I'd like to know if there's a sql file or a change log of what is done when upgrading?

Thanks

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 08:20
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Tom,

You can find this information in the source code ; https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/tree/6.2.5/src/Umbraco.Core/Persistence/Migrations/Upgrades

Look in the folders for the versions higher than your version. You can see there what will be done on the database.

Dave

Dec 16, 2014 @ 23:55
    Tom

Thanks Dave,

So when upgrading from 6.0.5 to 6.2.4 which of those migrations would be run?

We have an issue where if we're going to deploy live our own migrations will break unless we run them against the 6.2.4 db so we want to run the core umbraco db upgrade before running our own migrations..

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 08:28
    Dave Woestenborghs

You need the migrations from the following folders : TargetVersionSixOneZero and  TargetVersionSixTwoZero

The updates are executed by the Umbraco Implemtation of PetaPoco. But you can convert them to sql statements.

Dave

Dec 17, 2014 @ 23:02
    Tom

Thanks Dave,

I managed to set up an application context in a console app and run this:

var migrationRunner = new Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Migrations.MigrationRunner(new Version("6.0.5"), new Version("6.2.4"), "Umbraco");

var result = migrationRunner.Execute(new UmbracoDatabase(base.ConnectionString, "System.Data.SqlClient"));

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft