Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Romee 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 14:06
    Romee

.css path issues when installed in virtual directory

I would like to host few websites on one server and keep them in virtual directories, also to keep webpages on default port 80.

Installed Umbraco into virtual directory, accessing webpage for example this way: http://localserver01/Umbraco I access dashboard all fine, I can see welcome text on home page - fine as well, but .css styles are not working for home page, for some reason Umbraco looking for .css files in root folder. (Note: css styles work fine for dashboard)

< link rel="stylesheet" href="../../Umbraco/assets/css/nonodes.style.min.css" / >

I was trying to search internet how to fix this issue, but did not find any solution for current version (7.2.1) apart from SQL scripts which I do not really look forward to run at the moment as I do not think this is the right solution.

I tried installing Umbraco both with help of WebInstaller and manually, few times, and still the same. It is as if it is a default issue for this scenario but no solution.

Keywords: Umbraco install virtual directory, css path issue

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 08:47
    Dan Lister

Hi Romee,

Welcome to the forum. Have you converted the virtual directory to a web application? For your information, there is a section titled "Using a virtual directory" documented on this page. Hopefully that section along with other information on the page will give you some pointers.

Thanks, Dan.

• Romee 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 14:42
    Romee

Hi Dan

Thank you for your kind reply. I have done everything according to the article you mentioned and I also can add to this a good article on how to create DB manually https://cultiv.nl/blog/how-to-install-umbraco-manually/

Regarding my issue I found that path to .css files was hardcoded in: config\splashes\nonodes.aspx

quite disappointing for such a promising good CMS to have something like this..

I still had issues with this changing path as sometimes I needed to start path from "/" and sometimes I had to remove "/" in the beginning of the path in .aspx source code file.

I have ran into another issue at the moment which I will need to look at.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft