Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 03:21
    Phillip Ng

Migrating to AWS

Hi

I am trying to deploy my v7.2 site to Amazon Web Services. I have separate database and host server instances. Copy of files seemed to go okay, but had a lot of trouble with the db. The "Restore..." utility seems to be disabled as it won't upload a .bak and, so I used the "Export Data..." utility from my originating server. That went great, and the front/back-end render, but when I go to edit a node, I get an error:

Error : Cannot insert the value NULL into column ‘id’, table ‘adsel-website.dbo.cmsPropertyData'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

I found an article about this on a separate blog, but I can't find the total.sql file he's referencing -- out of date? Oh, also, I'm going from MSSQL 2008 R2 to 2012 in case that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 08:41
    Dan Lister

Hi Phillip,

While its not really related to your issue, I find using the SQL Azure Migration Wizard helpful when migrating to an RDS instance in AWS. Maybe something went wrong with your original export so you could always give the migration wizard a try.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 17:46
    Phillip Ng

Yes, that worked much bettter. I can publish now. Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft