Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Poole 8 posts 97 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 17:59
    Mike Poole

New Install Deployed - Umbraco home page displays blank white page

Hi,

I've created my Umbraco 7.1.9 project locally with NuGet and created the database locally too. I've deployed the local SQL Server database to Azure and can connect to it from my locally running Umbraco installation.

So local application works under both local & remote databases.

I've checked-in the Umbraco project to TFS which is linked to my Azure website and the build has been successful.

I did 2 builds and deploys.

1) I left the web.config file with the local database string by mistake. However, from the deployed website I got a page saying that I had some more setup to do.

2) I corrected the web.config file and checked-in again. This time the web site home page displays a completely blank white page.

I've got no error messages anywhere so presume I've made some kind of newbie error here.

If you need any further info I will reply ASAP.

EDIT: I can browse and login to the admin section under mysite.azurewebsites.net/umbraco#

Cheers Mike

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 19:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

Have you tried going to the "CONTENT" node and right click to select "Republish entire site" and see if that helps? I suspect the umbraco.config is either empty or not created yet.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 09, 2015 @ 20:01
    Mike Poole

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've given it a couple of tries but it's not worked.

If those admin pages are working does that mean the path to the home page must be correct?

Very new to all of this so any help appreciated.

Cheers Mike

Jan 09, 2015 @ 21:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

I'm not too familiar with running Umbraco on Azure so I'm not quite sure about what the exact issue could be when running it there.

But perhaps it's an idea to double check permissions for the network service and iusr accounts? Are they setup properly? And what user is running the application pool?

Also...have you tried to just publish the root node of your homepage to see if that helps?

/Jan

Jan 09, 2015 @ 22:38
    Mike Poole

Hi Jan,

I haven't found that level of detail with user accounts and permissions with Azure management tools.

I did try and just publish the root homepage but no luck there.

Going back to your previous post I did FTP and find the umbraco.config file to be blank

ftp://foobar.ftp.azurewebsites.windows.net/site/wwwroot/App_Data/umbraco.config

Also, I turned on logging within checked ftp://foobar.ftp.azurewebsites.windows.net/site/wwwroot/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt

and there are warnings which occur when I request the home page e.g.

2015-01-09 21:30:11,533 [9] WARN Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderMvcController - [Thread 15] No physical template file was found for template umbHomePage

Is this helpful in finding the root cause?

EDIT: it appears that in my Visual Studio solution under Views\umbHomePage.cshtml is not included in solution along with the rest of the other templates...

Appreciate all of your help - thank you.

cheers Mike

Jan 09, 2015 @ 22:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

Ah yes of course - Classic! Good you figured it out :)

/Jan

• Tyler 1 post 72 karma points
    Dec 23, 2015 @ 02:34
    Tyler

I know this has already been resolved but I just want to point out exactly what I had to do.

Using VS 2015 and installing via NuGet there were a few things I needed to do to get a local file system publish working into IIS.

The following folders were excluded from the project file (Make sure to show all files in solution explorer):

• /css
    • /images
    • /js
    • /Views/Partials/* (except for Grid)
    • /Views/* (this is the missing home page)

Make sure they are included if you are publishing your solution / project because the publishing pipeline is directly linked with project references.

-T

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft