Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Finn Christensen 3 posts 33 karma points
    Jan 11, 2015 @ 11:16
    Finn Christensen

Configuring Umbraco 7.2.1 source with vs2013 does not initiate.

Hello all,

I am installing version 7.2.1 locally on vs2013. The configuring process, however does not start. I get the big background image from codegarden and nothing else is happening, whereas I reckon that it should be configuring the Fanoe site as it does with the binaries? But am I wrong here? Maybe there isn't a default site template comming along with the source?

When I insert value 7.2.1 in UmbracoConfigurationStatus I get the page where it says that there is no site installed yet. Installing the binaries goes as planned and the Fanoe site is installed and configured.

Can anyone tell me how to install the default site with the source on configuration?

Thanks in advance, Finn.

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 13:34
    Dan Lister

Hi Finn,

Are you running the Umbraco installation while debugging it using Visual Studio? If so, you might find Visual Studio has paused the application because it has caught an exception. If your issue occurs again, go back to Visual Studio and see if the application has been paused. You can press the Continue option to continue with the installation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

• Finn Christensen 3 posts 33 karma points
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 22:21
    Finn Christensen

Hello Dan,

Sorry for getting back this late, but I've been busy at work.

You have deffinitely pointed me in the right direction. The installation is haulting because the file lazyload.min.js couldn't be found. So far so good...

I found out that for somehow the folder lib containing all the javascript was missing in the umbraco folder. I copied it from the binaries. Then the installation runs nicely and the Fanoe starter kit installs...Nice, but when I close the solution, every time I try to reload it, my vs2013 instance crashes.

I have to find out why...

But I'll give you a checkmark for helping me with the original problem. Much apreciated, thanks.

/Finn

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft