Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Igor Dragutinovic 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 15:44
    Igor Dragutinovic

Umbraco upgrade error "current version different from config status"

I upgraded Umbraco from v7.1.2 to v7.2.1 on development env., upgraded the database without problem. I need to deploy this version to staging without deleting or changing existing db content. My idea was to copy the upgraded files to staging server and then (hopefully) just go to staging url and finish the upgrade process. 

When I try this, I always get login page which doesn't let me continue with the installation. When I look in the log, there is error message "current version different from config status". When I change umbraco version in web.config, I can access the home page of staging website, but I can't get to the installation wizard. 

What should I do in order to run the installer and upgrade the database?

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 15:47
    Dan Lister

Hi Igor,

Within web.config on your staging server, change the following app setting to 7.1.2. This will allow you run the installation process again on your staging site.

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.1.2" />

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 15:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Igor and welcome to our :)

If possible you could perhaps try and make a backup of the live database and then use it on a local instance where you run through the upgrade proces and when it has been succesfully done there you can re-upload the database and the files as well.

This will however require that you tell your client that they must not create content within a certain time frame.

But what happens if you try to login? It's been a while since I've done an upgrade myself but I think that when I'm logged in I usually get the upgrade screen...but must admit I can't remember completely.

/Jan

• Igor Dragutinovic 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 16:00
    Igor Dragutinovic

Thanks for the quick response :)

@Dan  If I set  <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.1.2" /> I receive the error "current version different from config status", probably because the DLL's are from the newer version 7.2.1

@Jan   When I try to access staging home page ( in order to get installation wizard), I get login page for the umbraco backend with the following url

http://*.*.*.*/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252f172.26.46.67%253a81%252f#/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2Finstall%2F%3Fredir%3Dtrue%26url%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252f172.26.46.67%253a81%252f 

When I enter my credentials, it just reloads and prompts for the login again. In the log is the already mentioned error message. When I look js console, there are some errors in the DependencyHandler.axd file "No url found for api name legacyTreeJs", but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this upgrade issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft