Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 21, 2009 @ 19:27
    Pete

Installing via Web Tool Platform never succeeds

I've tried to install Umbraco twice now, on two separate machines - one XP Pro, the other Win 7 - via the Web Platform Installer and it's failed both times.  I simply cannot get it to complete the installation.

My latest attempt constantly returns a "database could not be created" problem in the Web Platform Installer, reporting Umbraco as failing to install.  I believe I'm using all the default settings (where pre-selected; italics are my entries) and just adding what I'm asked to:

Database: SQL Server
    Create or use existing: Create
    Admin username: dbadmin
    Admin password: ********
    Database username: umbracouser
    Database password: ********
    Database server: .\sqlexpress
    Database name: umbraco

I'm sure I've probably missed something along the way, but can't seem to find documentation specific to the Web Platform Installer process.  Could someone help me, please?

• Pete 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 21, 2009 @ 19:42
    Pete

Sorry, the formatting seems to have gotten screwed up; the only manually entered value I made was "dbadmin" for the 'Admin username' field.

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Dec 21, 2009 @ 20:27
    Lee

Hey Pete - I usually create a blank database first using SQL Management Studio, create a user that has has full read/write/modify permissions to the DB and then use the web platform installer to install Umbraco.

Give that a go if you can't get it to create the DB on the fly, it sounds like permission problems TBH so doing it this way should sort it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft