Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Jan 21, 2015 @ 12:57
    Dan Evans

Installing Umbraco 7.2 with SQL Server NOT Compace

When I install 7.2 it no longer gives an option to choose an existing SQL Server database to create Umbraco on it just uses SQL CE by default. I have tried changing the web.config by pre-adding a connection string but the same thing happens. How do I install using SQL Server.

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 21, 2015 @ 13:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Actually there is an option to select another database during the installation process. Next to the green button there is a white "Customize" button, which allows you to choose database and whether you want to go with a theme or not.

But it's something that's easy to miss even though it's been made clearer in later revisions.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 13:15
    Dan Evans

I'm going blind! Thanks, got it now!

Dan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 13:19
    Dan Evans

OK, next question. I notice that with SQL Server the starter kit Fanoe is not included. Is this available as a seperate download? It would be useful as I'm demong 7.2 to a client.

Thanks

Dan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 13:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Well, it's easy to miss - I have done that myself several times :-/

But you should be able to choose the Fanoe starter kit AND choose MSSQL over CE SQL? I might be wrong here though. But otherwise then just install using CE SQL and run that for the demo and afterwards you can easily migrate from CE SQL to MSSQL if the demo is a success and you need to build on top of the site using a tool like Webmatrix for instance.

Could that work for you?

/Jan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 13:25
    Dan Evans

I can work with CE for the demo so that's fine. If you install SQL Server then no starter is installed by default and only Txt and Overflow are available.

Thanks

Dan

Jan 21, 2015 @ 13:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Aaah, yes that's true. I'll try to file an issue about that later on. Should be possible to choose it.

Happy demo!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft