Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thorvald Aagaard 7 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 00:47
    Thorvald Aagaard

RichText Editor not loading

After I have upgraded my site from 7.1.6 to 7.2.1 using the manual procedure, the fields defined as RichText editor just are shown as a textbox with html-tags.

I have checked the minor changes in tinyMceConfig.config, and also reverted them but without any change.

Any ideas of what I might have missd in the upgrade process ?

Best regards Thorvald

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 05:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thorvald

Could you try going to the /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version attribute and then recycling the app pool?

Does that help any?

Otherwise it might be a good idea to make sure to copy over the /umbraco folder once again. If you extracted the files from the zip using the build in windows tool then make sure that you unblocked the zip file before extracting as well.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 26, 2015 @ 09:36
    Thorvald Aagaard

Hi Jan

I did read about incrementing the /config/ClientDependency.config, and tried it prior to posting this the topic, but that didnt help.

I have now copied the Umbraco folder once Again, and that did not change anything.

I have looked at the traffic to the page, and it seems that all referenced files are loading correctly.

Are there any simple way of checking that the editor is working like a direct URL ?

BTW I can see the text "Loading" for a while prior to getting the textarea displayed

I have tried installing 7.2.1 from scratch and there is is working fine, so it seem s to be related to the upgrade in place

Best regards Thorvald

Jan 26, 2015 @ 09:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thorvald

Ok, when you did the upgrade did you then make sure to merge the files in the /config/ folder as well? It's not necessarily related to the issue but it's something that is often overlooked, which can lead to some issues afterwards.

Also try deleting the /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency folder and try incrementing the version attribute in the other file as mentioned once again and recycle the app pool. Does that help?

If the RTE is not loading you should get a 404 message in the console log of your browser I think. If you don't get that I'm a bit puzzled about what it could be.

Might be worth checking/resetting permissions since overwriting can sometimes lead to permissions being changed as well.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 26, 2015 @ 10:05
    Thorvald Aagaard

Hi Jan

I merged the /Config folder - mostly by just overwriting with the new version.

I have now deleted the /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency and recycled the app pool. This did not change anything

I have checked once Again that all request are returning HTTPCode 200, and noticed that the content returned when calling

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/RichTextPreValue/GetConfiguration

did look a bit suspicous as the beginning of the response was this

)]}', {"plugins":[{"name":"code","useOnFrontend":true},{"name":"paste","useOnFrontend":true},{"name":"umbracolink","useOnFrontend":true},{"name":"anchor","useOnFrontend":true},{"name":"charmap","useOnFrontend":true},{"name":"table","useOnFrontend":true}, .......

notice the: )]}',

This might be confusing the editor as I guess this is parsed prior to shwowing the editor.

Where should I look for this ?

Best regards Thorvald

Jan 26, 2015 @ 12:51
    Thorvald Aagaard

Hmmm. Very interesting

I downloaded the entire website to set it up locally so I could trace the requests. It worked fine on my local Development platform. So I retried it on the production server, and now it Works :-)

That made me think about any differences, and I realized that I did a switch from Google Chrome to IE.

So I remember reading in some Umbraco Manual that it was important to clear all cache from Chrome, and after doing that it is working in Chrome too.

Thx for the help

Best regards Thorvald

Jan 26, 2015 @ 12:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thorvald

Glad you managed to figure out what was wrong and thanks for sharing :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft