Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• BobithaBrill 4 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:03
    BobithaBrill

Using rich text editor in Starter website (TXT)

Hi all,

Can someone give me advice on whether there's something additional I have to do before adding content to the TXT starter kit site?

At the moment when I enter content into a rich text editor on one of the templated "text pages" that come with the starter kit none of the formatting I enter appears, this is the case for the pre-populated content that came with the template too.

e.g. if I enter some content into the editor that has a source code <strong>we charge no fee for helping you make the most of this grant</strong> it just looks like "normal" text on the page when published. When I view source on the page the formatting HTML is still there.

Am I missing something obvious? Thanks for any help!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi BobithaBrill and welcome to our :)

Perhaps you need to check the stylesheet and see if the element has been styled to not display bold text for instance?

/Jan

Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:26
    BobithaBrill

Hi Jan, thanks for the welcome and for helping out! XD

As far as my newbie eyes can tell the stylesheet only defines quite basic characteristics, e.g. for body where the rich text I'm editing is...

body

{

font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;

font-weight: 400;

background: #f2f5f3;

color: #6b7770;

font-size: 11.5pt;

line-height: 2em;

}

am I looking in the right place?

If it helps it's not just bolding that doesn't show, colours, lists, etc. don't show either

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi BobithaBril, 

Okay so you have a strong tag in your markup, and want to apply some styling to it on your frontend. Then you should add a CSS rule for the strong tag it could look like this:

strong{
        font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;
        font-weight: 400;
        color: #6b7770;
        font-size: 11.5pt;
    }

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:40
    BobithaBrill

aha, that worked, thank you Dennis. I infer from this I should also add a markup tag for <ul>, <ol>, etc. etc. before I'll be able to do the "usual" things in the rich text editor?

Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:43
    Dennis Aaen

Hi BobithaBril,

Yup you need to add CSS rules for all the different HTML tags that the rich text editor genres, and that you want to apply style on.

/Dennis

Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:49
    BobithaBrill

Doh. Lesson learnt. Thank you both!

Jan 27, 2015 @ 22:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi BobithaBrill,

You are welcome, we are friendly people in here just trying to help each other. The way that you can mark this question as solve is to click on the green tick for the post that give you the answer to your problem. It´s a good thing to do, so other that came across this post can go directly to post that works for you.

But be aware that you only can mark one post as the solution and you can´t change it once you have set it.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft