Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• seanrock 240 posts 461 karma points
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 12:55
    seanrock

New install 7.2.1 NRE when trying to create document types

I've tried both nuget and download. In both cases I can install umbraco however when I try to add documen types I get a nullreferenceexception when I click on the create menu item.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.presentation.create.controls.nodeType.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +172
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +189
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3177
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 13:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sean

Hmm, have you double checked that permissions are fine? Do you see any additional information about the error in the /App_Data/logs file?

What are your system specs? What DB are you using and what webserver are you using?

/Jan

• seanrock 240 posts 461 karma points
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 15:21
    seanrock

oh how bizarre. It seems the iis site i was using had the umbraco folder configured as a virtual directory - not sure why i did that, was for some other stuff i was working on I'm guessing. However looking at the log (thanks @Jan) I noticed some 404's from that folder. I removed the vdir in iis and viola.

cheers.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 20:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Seanrock

You're welcome happy that it led to the solution :) Remember to mark the topic as solved so others can go straight to the solution if they should come accross the same issue.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft