Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zack 5 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 22:00
    Zack

New Umbraco 7 MVC 5 web application deployed on Winhost displaying blank page

Hello,

I'm new to Umbraco 7 and I finally got my web app to deploy to Winhost. However, now that I am publishing to the server and there is no errors, the home page is entirely blank. The weird part is I can go to .../umbraco (which is not blank) and log in as an administrator. I thought perhaps the content wasn't published, but that was not the issue.

Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 22:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zack and welcome to our :)

That's a weird issue indeed...ehm...does the /App_Data/umbraco.config file contain any data? If not there probably is an issue with permissions that you need to look into.

If there is content in it could you then try right clicking the "CONTENT" node in the "CONTENT section and choose "Republish entire site"...Does that help?

/Jan

• Zack 5 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 22:20
    Zack

I'm sorry, turns out it was a silly issue too. I needed to include my css, views and media folders for my C# project!

Thank you for your help.

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Jun 27, 2015 @ 00:11
    Proxicode

Not all that silly actually - your comment made me start looking through each folder and turns out that for some reason when I deployed my "Views" folder did not go over so they were all blank/missing. You got pointed in the right direction...thanks

-Roger

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2015 @ 22:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zack

You're welcome - Yeah somtimes it's those little things :) Happy you figured it out.

Happy umbracoing.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft