Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charles Serra 7 posts 86 karma points
    Feb 06, 2015 @ 11:30
    Charles Serra

Nuget Install-Package UmbracoCms not working

Hi all,

I'm discovering umbraco. I installed it on an server (not my local machine) in order to try it. Since I'm a .net developper, I'd like to go deeper, and learn the different features of umbraco.

I started to watch some video about surface controller on umbraco.tv.

I'm doing exactly what's done in this video (on my local machine and local db) but I have some troubles with the umbracocms nuget package installation. Sebastiaan Janssen helped me to pass some issues (cf this twitter thread), but now I'm stuck on a new error: I'm passing 3 steps of the install wizard (Install Umbraco 7, Configure your database, Install a starter website) with customizing option, then at the 4th screen, I have these errors: (chrome console error & umbraco view error).

It might be a web.config issue, but I can't figure it out..

Do you have any idea?

Thank you!

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Feb 07, 2015 @ 12:00
    Charles Afford

Hi can you post a screen shot of the error :) ?

Feb 07, 2015 @ 21:09
    Charles Serra

Hi,

You can see the error throught these links: screen error and chrome js console error

Feb 10, 2015 @ 09:16
    Charles Serra

up please

• Jay 49 posts 211 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 09:31
    Jay

I followed this guide and never had a problem with it:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/install-umbraco-with-nuget

Good luck.

Feb 10, 2015 @ 11:50
    Charles Serra

Thanks Jay for your help! I tried many times again with the tuto you gave me, but I was almost following these steps before (accordingly to the video).

Finally I installed the nuget package umbracocms 7.1.9 (thanks to the nuget command line "Install-Package UmbracoCms 7.1.9") version instead of 7.2.0 (as shown in the video and the tuto)  on an MVC4 project and it works! For now, I'll keep this version.

Thanks again Jay!

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 12:06
    Sören Deger

Hi Charles,

there is a issue with local Visual Studio versions. I have not the englisch version of visual studio. Because this, the installation with nuget failed on 7.2.0 and 7.2.1. Maybe you can update to 7.2.1 from 7.1.9 with nuget after install: 

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/59785-nuget-install-720-fails?p=1

Best,

Sören 

Feb 10, 2015 @ 14:04
    Charles Serra

Hi Sören, thanks for your answer: your solution did the trick!

I just executed this command line on the nuget package manager tool "Update-Package UmbracoCms" (I ran "Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.1.9" before - cf my previous post).

I'm done with it, let's discover umbraco from a developper side :)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 17:49
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sorry Charles for the delay, it's been a very busy week. Sören already pointed you to the forum thread about this and I would really love it if you could give the latest nightly build a go to make sure that I've really fixed the problem now.

Can you run the following in the NuGet Package Manager Console please:

Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.2.2-nightly22 -Pre -Source https://www.myget.org/F/umbraco72nightly/

After that you should be able to install without problems. Let me know!

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 12:14
    Sören Deger

Hi Sebastiaan,

this works for me! Great! Thank you.

Best,

Sören

Feb 12, 2015 @ 11:53
    Charles Serra

Hi Sebastiaan,

I tried and I have an error: here (the assembly 'CMS' is my MVC4 WebSite)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 12:52
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Charles Are you trying to install Umbraco in a blank MVC5 solution perhaps? We don't support MVC5 yet, make sure to choose a completely blank or MVC4 project. Please refer to the documentation here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-with-nuget

Feb 12, 2015 @ 13:43
    Charles Serra

@Sebastiaan, as I said in my previous post, I used an empty MVC4 project

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 13:00
    Lachlann

Hey Guys,

I am not sure if my problem is the same here but I am having trouble using nuget to install Umb 7.2 inot a VS2012 MVC 4 blank project. The install appears to complete correctly but when i try to install i get an error:

The view '/umbraco/install/views/index.cshtml' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
    /umbraco/install/views/index.cshtml

and when i look in the install folder there are no umbraco related folders that I am used to seeing 'umbraco', 'umbraco_client' etc...

Any ideas, i mus be missing step or something.

L

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 13:10
    Lachlann

Well this is good and embarrasing for a Monday, forgot to compile the solution....

L

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft