Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simplicio Jison Jr. 24 posts 44 karma points
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 03:14
    Simplicio Jison Jr.

Deployment /Published Web Site Compiled

Hi guys,

When deploying Site, I use to Hit "Published Web Site " on the visual Studio Project, then it generate compile version of the site W/o .CS (c# files on usercontrol). Then this generate Compile version is the one I used to put on the live site which I believe is the best practices and performance advantage.

My Question is How do I do this on Umbraco solutions? Because I receive errors when doing this.

Thanks Guys,

Simplicio Jison

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 08:06
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Simplicio,

When you've used the normal download link on codeplex (not the source version) It's allready precompiled so you don't have to worry about that. Just use a FTP program to put your site live. When I create custom functionality such as Usercontrols etc, I always create a seperate Web Application Project. Then I develop my custom functionality in that project, put the compiled DLL in the Bin folder of my umbraco site and the ascx control in the usercontrols folder. It's also a nice seperation between custom functionality and Umbraco.

Sebastiaan wrote a nice blogpost about how to set things up.

Hope it helps you,

Richard

• Simplicio Jison Jr. 24 posts 44 karma points
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 11:15
    Simplicio Jison Jr.

Hi Richards,

Thanks for your reply , and yes I will follow your Advice, I guess using separate Project & compile would solve the issue.

Thanks Again Richard

Simplicio Jison Jr

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft