Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 15:52
    Ayo Adesina

Cannot create an MVC Area path without the umbracoPath specified

Hey guys I have installed Umbraco 7 a number of times via Nuget many many times with no problems.

Today I did exactly the same thing I normally do.

1. Create an Empty MVC project.
    2. Install Umbraco using Nuget
    3. Run the website, so I can go through the umbraco installation in the browser.

The problem I have is when I get to 3 and run the website I can this error: Cannot create an MVC Area path without the umbracoPath specified

after doing a bit of googling I found this: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/40574-Cannot-create-an-MVC-Area-path-without-the-umbracoPath-specified

Which tells you to add: to my web config

I did add this and now I don't get that error but the installation screen just shows the image of all the umbraco people and nothing else happens, now installation wizard - nothing.

I compared the webconfig file after the installation with one of my other umbraco projects, and I can see that there are a whole load of keys that are missing.

Going to download and install manually now, but why is this happening, have the umbraco team updated the nuget package and made a mistake?

:-S confused.

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Feb 09, 2015 @ 16:09
    Ayo Adesina

Just downloaded Umbraco manually and yes... there is something wrong.

The web-config file from the nuget download has a lots of config missing - It has none of umbracoReservedUrls, umbracoReservedPaths, umbracoPath etc etc missing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft