Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 03:17
    Atoosa Khoda

Upgrade 7 - Failed to retrieve data for child nodes undefined

After upgrading to version 7, a problem occurs in the back-office, mainly Developer and Setting sections. Nodes such as Macros, Views, Templates, Scripts or Stylesheets, never load to reveal their children. Content node is loading fine. I have taken all the advices to publish All, rebuild xml cache and empty the browser cache as well as app_data temp folder. None has come to assist. I have read all other threads and cannot find similar issues/resolution posted previously.

Here is the details of the error:

Received an error from the server Failed to retrieve data for child nodes undefined

Could not load type 'umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.ActionLiveEdit' from assembly 'cms, Version=1.0.5462.37511, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

EXCEPTION DETAILS:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.ActionLiveEdit' from assembly 'cms, Version=1.0.5462.37511, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. STACKTRACE:

at Umbraco.Concierge.LockUnLock.Events.TreeEvent.BaseTreeBeforeNodeRender(XmlTree& sender, XmlTreeNode& node, EventArgs e) at umbraco.loadMacros.Render(XmlTree& tree) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryGetXmlTree(ApplicationTree appTree, String id, FormDataCollection formCollection) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryLoadFromLegacyTree(ApplicationTree appTree, String id, FormDataCollection formCollection, UrlHelper urlHelper, String currentSection) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.LegacyTreeController.GetTreeNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeControllerBase.GetNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings) at lambdamethod(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass13.c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 05:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Atoosa

Concierge is not supported in Umbraco 7 and it seems like HQ is not going to spend time on maintaining the product.

So in order to get your installation working I think you should uninstall Concierge and see if that helps.

/Jan

Feb 10, 2015 @ 05:34
    Atoosa Khoda

Thanks Jan. But I've actuality done that already! The package no longer exists under Installed packages. so i don't know why it's coming up with that error.

Feb 10, 2015 @ 07:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Atoosa

Hmm, ok, but perhaps the uninstaller does not clean it all up. I can't remember if concierge add some dashboards but it might be worth checking the /config/Dashboards.config file to see if something related exists.

Also it might be a good idea to double check the /bin/ folder to see if something if leftover.

And you should also try clearing the /App_Data/TEMP files and rebuild the examine indexes from inside Umbraco (If you can login?) and in the /config/ClientDependency.config you should also try to increment the version attribute and recycle the app pool.

Does any of this help?

/Jan

Feb 10, 2015 @ 07:18
    Atoosa Khoda

Thanks Jan. I got this working by manually removing the Concierge.dll from the bin folder. So yes the dll was still there.

Feb 10, 2015 @ 08:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Atoosa

Happy to hear you got it solved - Please mark the topic as solved so others who may come across this can go straight to the solution.

/Jan

Feb 11, 2015 @ 06:27
    Atoosa Khoda

Hi Jan. How do i mark as resolved?

Feb 11, 2015 @ 07:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Atoosha

To the left around the avatar there should be a check mark somewhere :)

/Jan

• Orbcom 10 posts 80 karma points notactivated
    Nov 27, 2019 @ 15:52
    Orbcom

Solved my problem too!

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft