Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ranjith Manoharan 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 10:04
    Ranjith Manoharan

upgrading from 4.7.2 to 4.11.10

HI,

What is best practice when upgrading the CMS? Is it possible to go direct from 4.7.2 (our current version) to 4.11.10?

i need to upgrade to latest 4.x version ASAP.

i follow this steps: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/36855-upgrading-from-472-to-4111

but error occurs after installation completed. Except changing the version name in config/ClientDependency.config because i'm copying the entire config folder. and also i haven't seen any version number in that config.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] umbraco.UmbracoDefault.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +153 System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +335

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Ranjith

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft