Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brett Spencer 11 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 20:02
    Brett Spencer

Umbraco - http 500 Server Errors for .css and .js files

I've spent 2 days on this... It's time to ask.

I copied that exact subject line from the forum after attempting to search. The thread was closed. There was only one other thread that touched this but the problem was with permissions. This can NOT be mine.

Details:

I have two servers both running IIS7 (complete mirror of each other). Both are completely public. Stage and Production. Stage needs to be accessed from worldwide as our network team cannot manage that.

I have a site on stage right now http://stage.agile1.fr

It loads fine. But when I move the files to the production server all of my images, css files, and scripts return with a 500 error.

When doing a search for this same behavior I get a few others with umbraco. I am using umbraco v 4.11.10 (Assembly version: 1.0.4926.14927).

I have 6 live sites on my prod and 11 on my stage. I have experience setting these up. But I need help brainstorming why all my supporting files are not serving up properly.

Like I said, It's not permissions... I have given the directory read, write, change permissions for my app pool. The site returns data but has no css, scripts, or images. I'm completely baffled.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 20:28
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Brett,

I have seen posts where css and scripts and images not are loading. What you can try to check is:

Open up site in IIS. click on Authentication --> Right Click on Anonymous Authentication and select Edit --> Change to use Application Pool Identity for Anonymous user identity.

Click OK and then bounce the App Pool.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Brett Spencer 11 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 20:52
    Brett Spencer

Hi Dennis, my sincere gratitude for help.

I didn't need to do that.

I tested my settings by placing all the files from a site that did work in the directory... and it worked, so my iis settings where all correct.

I then only copied in the App_Data folder (Deleted everything in the Temp folder), masterpages, media, and xslt folders.

Deleted the database. Backed-up again from Stage, then restored on Prod.

Now everything renders correctly... still don't know why.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 20:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brett

Good you managed to figure it out - Just want to add that perhaps be a cache issue relating to client dependency somehow. I recall seeing this behavior before and then clearing the /TEMP/ folder usually helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft