Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Santosh 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 12:24
    Santosh

Session timedout, can not login to back office after updating to Umbraco 7.2.2

I am having trouble login after upgrading umbraco. 

http://myumbraco/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds ;
    401 (Unauthorized)
    Other error in console "No url found for api name legacyTreeJs"

I have tried clearing cache, and done fresh new install using same database but same problem login to back office. I am able to login locally but when its hosted on IIS7 I cant access back office.

Any help is much appreciated!

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 12:31
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Santosh and welcome to our.

What you could check is that the umbracoTimeOutInMinutes is not set the timeout to 0. but example set it to the default of 20.

So check in your web.config that this below is not set to 0 under the AppSettings.

<add key="umbracoTimeOutInMinutes" value="20" />

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Mar 03, 2015 @ 12:36
    Santosh

Thanks Dennis for your reply.

No its set to 20 as below

<add key="umbracoTimeOutInMinutes" value="20" />
  • Barry Matthewson 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 14:11
    Barry Matthewson

Hi Santosh -

I had a similar situation recently that was related to app pool memory. I was being logged out of the back office every time I tried to edit something. I found that the app was exceeding the app pool memory limits, which was causing the app pool to recycle - destroying the session and forcing me to log back in. Unfortunately, the only fix was to increase the memory limit.

Not sure if that is the same issue for you, but I hope this helps.

Barry

Mar 03, 2015 @ 14:14
    Santosh

Thanks Barry, Its not even allowing me to login.

When I have checked browser console I get above errors.

Mar 03, 2015 @ 16:50
    Barry Matthewson

Ok.Are you getting any errors or seeing anything in the UI when you try to log in? Or, does it just sit at the login screen? If you use something like Fiddler, do you see any other issues - like an error on any service calls? Also, what version were you upgrading from?

Thanks!

Mar 03, 2015 @ 16:55
    Santosh

Thanks Barry for your response.

No I am getting redirected to login. However when I saw log files User is logged.

Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity - [Thread 43] User Id: 0 logged in

I have tried all that is mentioned online, cleared cache, refreshed application pool, done new install with new database still cant login to back office from deployed link.

It works fine locally.

I have updated to 7.2.2

Many Thanks!

Mar 03, 2015 @ 17:05
    Barry Matthewson

Do you have any control or access to logging and configuration features on the server? Can you check the server's event logs to see if the worker process is throwing any errors?

Mar 03, 2015 @ 17:36
    Santosh

Hi Barry,

I've checked application event logs and there are no errors event messages.

Thanks!

Mar 03, 2015 @ 17:57
    Barry Matthewson

Try checking the System event logs for anything related to WAS.

Mar 03, 2015 @ 18:04
    Santosh

I did checked System Event logs after trying to login nothing related to WAS

But in UmbracoTraceLog

2015-03-03 17:01:50,451 [315] INFO  Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity - [Thread 283] User Id: 0 logged in
  • Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 18:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Santosh,

If you have access to the database on your server, the you could try to look at the umbracoUser table in there you will find the backoffice users. Try to find the user that you are trying to login into Umbraco with.

Make then sure that the value in the column named userNoConsole is set to False for your user. Also make sure that the value in the column named userDisabled is set to False for your user.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Mar 03, 2015 @ 18:27
    Barry Matthewson

Hmmm. I think I've run out of ideas for the moment. I'll have to think it through a bit more. Since it works locally, I was really hoping you would see something in the server event logs. Are there any significant differences in your web.config?

Perhaps some of the more seasoned devs on our have some ideas?

I see that you upgraded to 7.2.2. What version were you running prior to the upgrade?

Thanks.

Mar 03, 2015 @ 18:32
    Santosh

Hi Dennis,

User is active and have access to console.

I can login when I build my application in localhost but cannot access it when publsihed on IIS7

userNoConsole : 0

userDisable: 0

Mar 03, 2015 @ 18:36
    Santosh

Hi Barry,

Yes its working as normal locally after updating it to 7.2.2 from 7.2.1

But some how doesnt work when deployed. Application pool is using 4.0 frame work.

Done new install with DB and still same issue.

Nothing changed in IIS after upgrade. Previosuly it worked fine.

• Jeffrey Schwartz 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 15:47
    Jeffrey Schwartz

I have the same issue starting from scratch with 7.2.2.  I am using VS2013 and started with an empty 2012 asp.net mvc 4 app and used nuget.  It works with the VS 2013 built-in browser, but not on IIS 8. On IIS I get to http://localhost/insidecms/umbraco#/login/false after logging in which renders a blank page.  I have the database on Sql Server 2012 running 64bit.

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 18:09
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I'm having the same issue.  I just did a brand new clean install of Umbraco 7.2.2.   I was logged into the backoffice after I got it installed, but after my login expired or timed out I can't get back in.

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 18:39
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I set   <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.2.2" />  back to   <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value=" " /> and let the installation run again.  That enabled me to login again.  Not sure if that is a permanent solution or not.

• Mario Patrao 8 posts 28 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 16:18
    Mario Patrao

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. As soon as I changed the server property of my solution from IIS Express to Local IIS the project falls over after the login.

I get redirected to http://localhost/insidecms/umbraco#/login/false which appears as a blank page and after awhile I just get a session timeout. As a side note I have a 7.1 version of umbraco running on the Local IIS (IIS version 8) and that one runs absolutly fine. The umbraco version I'm testing now is the 7.2.3 (.3 because I manually updated the umbraco.core.dll to fix an issue with mysql https://github.com/hAmpzter/Umbraco-CMS). On Local IIS I'm using a virtual directory that uses an application pool for v4.0 .net version with Integrated Pipeline Mode (I've tested Classic Mode and the error persists).

If there's already a solution to fix this can someone share it please, or is this been flagged as a bug?

Thank you in advance!

Edit:

I forgot to mention that on my Local IIS my project url change a bit. Instead of something like http://localhost:61717/umbraco I use something like http://localhost/xxx/umbraco Could this be the reason for this error. Still I use the same url for version 7.1 and it works fine.

• Joeri Lieuw 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 13:59
    Joeri Lieuw

Hey Mario,

I had the same issue you had.

In your local IIS try setting up your umbraco site as a new website instead of a an application within a website. 

Hope it works for you as well

• Michael Johnson 2 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 19:03
    Michael Johnson

I've just installed a new copy of Umbraco from the Web Platform installer into a 'blog' folder in my application. This was working. Then I copied the upgrade files over the folder as per the instructions and i'm now having this problem. Not a good start!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft