Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kristen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 05, 2015 @ 00:22
    kristen

Help! Client UI down!

We're running Umbraco 6. I'm relatively new to umbraco, mostly WP experience and can't troubleshoot this as well as I can WP.

I was trying to set up a blog on his site and installed Ublogsy and I am pretty sure I installed the wrong version. Is there a way to bypass this to repair through the UI or do I need to go in via FTP to repair? This morning, neither one of us can get into the UI and are getting the following errors:

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler' from assembly 'Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.4834.18854, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler' from assembly 'Umbraco.Core, Version=1.0.4834.18854, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes() +49
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypesWithFormattedException(Assembly a) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource\src\Umbraco.Core\TypeFinder.cs:415
       Umbraco.Core.TypeFinder.GetTypes(Type assignTypeFrom, IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource\src\Umbraco.Core\TypeFinder.cs:399
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.<ReRegisterActionsAndHandlers>b__1() +62
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.LazyManyObjectsResolverBase`2.<get_InstanceTypes>b__1(Func`1 x) in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource\src\Umbraco.Core\ObjectResolution\LazyManyObjectsResolverbase.cs:107
       System.Linq.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext() +267
       System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +520
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +103
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.LazyManyObjectsResolverBase`2.get_InstanceTypes() in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource\src\Umbraco.Core\ObjectResolution\LazyManyObjectsResolverbase.cs:107
       Umbraco.Core.ActionsResolver.CreateInstances() in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource\src\Umbraco.Core\ActionsResolver.cs:40
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ManyObjectsResolverBase`2.get_Values() in d:\Dropbox\Dev\UmbracoSource\src\Umbraco.Core\ObjectResolution\ManyObjectsResolverBase.cs:170
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.GetJavaScriptFileReferences() +29
       umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.RenderActionJS() +83
       umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1706
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 05, 2015 @ 01:28
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kristen,

Welcome to the best community in the world.

What version in Umbraco are you using ?

What version of uBlogsy ?

Was installing of uBlogsy successfull? 

Try to remove uBlogsy dll from bin folder, will it fix your UI ?

Thanks,

Alexander

• kristen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 05, 2015 @ 02:59
    kristen

You are a lifesaver. 

It's on an RDP and I'm more of a high level attribution marketer rather than a developer so I was trying to find where the files were. Saying Bin literally just saved my butt right now. Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft