Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Palm 36 posts 148 karma points
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 21:24
    Daniel Palm

Installation instruction for hosted Umbraco 7

Hi all,

Is there a proper installation instruction for installing a blank copy of Umbraco 7 on a hosted webspace?

Can I get the proper permissions by using CHMOD?

Thanks

::Daniel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 21:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

The only documentation there is can be found at https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/ - But if your webhost supports Umbraco it's a matter of downloading the latest version in the zipped version, unblock and unzip locally and then just upload the content of the zip file to the webroot folder on your webhost and then the installation process should start when you go to your domain.

What webhost are you going to use?

/Jan

Mar 06, 2015 @ 21:33
    Daniel Palm

I´m using Binero.se. Shouldn´t the permission be set first? Do I need to edit the connection string when installing Umbraco 7?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 21:40
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Daniel,

When you have downloading the latest version in the zipped version, unblock and unzip locally and then just upload the content of the zip file to the webroot folder on your webhost, and visit your domain, the installation process is started, In this process you need to type your name email and password. When you have done this you can click on a grey customize button.

In there you can choose to use MSSQL server, then you need to add the information to the database and your login to the database. You can find what permission you should have on the file and folders here. https://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2015 @ 21:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

If you have that kind of control from your control panel then yes it should be set. But you should be able to set it after the files have been uploaded as well. But perhaps it's a good idea to get in touch with the hosting company and ask them if it's possible to run Umbraco on their servers.

I don't know how much you can control yourself and what needs to be done by the hosting provider.

I'm using a danish host called unoeuro and when I'm using them I never need to worry about permissions for instance. It just works when I upload my files.

/Jan

Mar 07, 2015 @ 00:24
    Daniel Palm

Thank you Jan and Dennis. Of course it worked the way you described it. I assumed that I had to fiddle with permissions and config files.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft