Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TempleClause 32 posts 248 karma points
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 15:07
    TempleClause

Upgraded to 7.2.2 via NuGet now I'm back on 7.2.1

Hey there,

I upgraded my umbraco via NuGet from 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 and everything went as expected. I doubled checked I really was on 7.2.2 and I was! Yesterday I launched my Umbraco site again (locally) and it said something about update. Don't know why but I hit okay without thinking about it at all. And now I'm back on 7.2.1 :-/ Why? And more important, how can I fix this? NuGet in VS tells me I'm on version 7.2.2.

Thanks for helping!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 15:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi TempleCause

That sure sounds very strange - Was does the umbracoConfigurationStatus key say in the web.config? And what does the version number in the help section say? The upgrade stuff should not run again once the upgrade has finished....but otherwise it might be worth trying to do a manual upgrade instead?

/Jan

Mar 08, 2015 @ 16:00
    TempleClause

Yes very strange indeed.

Help Section:

Umbraco version 7.2.1 assembly: 1.0.5462.37503

web.config:

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.2.1"/>

If I change it to 7.2.2 in the web.config, the upgrade stuff shows up again and when I click continue, the web.config gets changed back to 7.2.1.

How would I do a manual upgrade?

Thanks

Mar 08, 2015 @ 16:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi TempleClause

Are you using some kind of version system like git or something? And by accident you rolled back?

In order to upgrade manually you should follow the general guidelines found here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general and you can download the 7.2.3 release here https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/722 - Remember to read the release details before upgrading and also make sure to do a backup of your files and database...just in case something does not turn out as expected.

When you download the zip file make sure to right click it and choose "unblock" before unzipping it.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 08, 2015 @ 18:47
    TempleClause

No I am not using any kind of version system.

I think I will try to remove and reinstall the umbraco package via NuGet. Maybe that works. Of course I will backup first :-D If that doesn't work I will try to do it manually.

You will hear from me again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Mar 08, 2015 @ 22:24
    TempleClause

I was able to find a backup from the visual studio solution. So I just reverted back to this (it was only a few days old).

Thanks for helping :-)

Mar 09, 2015 @ 05:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi TempleClause

Happy to hear you managed to figure out a solution - Happy coding! :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft