Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 22:31
    Carlos Mosqueda

Upgrade from 7.1.8 to 7.2.2 locally using Visual Studio keeps redirecting

Upgrade from 7.1.8 to 7.2.2 keeps redirecting me to an empty "/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade?...." page. I am doing the Manual upgrade with moving over the Umbraco, Umbraco Client, Bin and new Grid Folder.

I tried removing the Install folder didn't work. What is causing this????

The AuhtorizeUpgrade page is blank and I keep going to the root of the URL and I get nothing happening.

Thanks,

Carlos

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 22:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Carlos

Do you have any custom redirect rules setup somewhere, which could cause this? Did you try clearing the browser cache or just switch to another browser after removing the /install folder?

Sometimes the browser cache can play some tricks on you so if you tried to complete the upgrade before removing the /install folder that might be the issue.

/Jan

Mar 09, 2015 @ 22:38
    Carlos Mosqueda

@Jan,

There are not rewrite rules and I can't complete the upgrade because the page is blank.  So the UI is not showing up for the upgrade process.

Really strange.

Mar 09, 2015 @ 22:41
    Carlos Mosqueda

Ugggggghhh.

I have am running on a Local IIS and not letting IIS Express launch in Visual Studio.  

I let the project run on IIS Express and that ran the upgrade.  I will switch it back to pointing to a Local IIS, but that was the issue. Might have been caching in IIS?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 22:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Carlos

Could be something like that - But good you figured it out :)

/Jan

Mar 09, 2015 @ 23:39
    Carlos Mosqueda

@Jan,

Well. It seems that IIS Express allows me to see the Umbraco Backoffice if I run Visual Studio using that. 

If I go into Visual Studio and point to my Local IIS and try to launch Umbraco in Visual Studio, the backoffice is blank.
    My 'Host' file is configured correctly because I am because on my Local IIS I can hit the root page.  When I try to go to /umbraco/ no redirect happens to login or go to the Backoffice. But DOES work when launched in IIS Express. 

What would be the issue here?  Is there something in IIS that needs to be changed.  All files have Network Service privledges.  

Thanks

Carlos

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft