Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 14:56
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Trying to manually install 7.2.2

I'm trying to do a clean install of Umbraco 7.7.2 manually on a Windows 2008 R2 Server/IIS 7.5

The application pool identity has full control permissions to all the umbraco files.  Anonymous authentitication is set to use the application pool identity.  I have .Net 4.5.2 installed.

When I got to open the site, thinking it would simply run me through the installation process, instead I get:

A server error occurred

This is most likely due to an error during application startup

Did you know

{{installer.feedback}}

There are some images not loading as well. Which makes me think permissions, but I can't imagine what other permissions it would need.

There is nothing in the application event logs.

Any suggestions?

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 15:08
    Sören Deger

Hi Jennifer,

please have a look in the console of google chrome. Can you see any javascript errors?

Best,

Sören

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 15:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jennifer

Have you had a look in the documentation for doing manual installations here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually

Make sure to check that all files have been copied to the server and that the network service and the iusr account has sufficient permissions. Also make sure to check the application pool settings in IIS - Is it setup to run .NET4?

/Jan

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 15:48
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Ugh!  The problem was I was trying to set it up Server side which only has IE installed.  Once I changed the local hosts on my machine to point to the server and open it in another browser the installation process starts. Face Palm!

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 15:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jennifer

Aaah - So I suppose it's an old version of IE that's being used on the server then - Good that you figured it out :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft