Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frank Caico 7 posts 37 karma points
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 07:11
    Frank Caico

Best method to backup Umbraco database

Okay, I have an Umbraco site on a shared hosting provider and I want to know what the best method is for backing up the umbraco MSSQL data.

I saw this tool: http://umbracoexporttool.codeplex.com/

but it seems old and i'm not sure if it will work properly with a V4 Umbraco database.

Any other ideas?  I want to make sure I keep things nice and safe.

Thanks for the help!

Frank

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 07:16
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Check out my recent blog post about backing up your server. This might not work for you if you don't have complete access to the server, but maybe your hosting provider can set up the SQL script for you to run automatically every day.

• shruti 21 posts 42 karma points
    Mar 15, 2010 @ 20:58
  • Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 13:08
    Craig100

Could we have a package that could be easily installed so you could take a back up of the SQL Server/MySQL database and download it to your local machine?  I'm having a nightmare trying to get an Umbraco SQL Server database off shared hosting to put on another host.  If it could be simply done from within Umbraco, that would be great. Other CMS's do this, (OpenCart for instance does it in one or two clicks).

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 19:32
    Funka!

We use the wonderful SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare from Red Gate Software to easily transfer/migrate our databases. Definitely not a free solution, but we use it all the time for other projects so it has paid for itself several times over in the productivity we've gained from it. Best of luck to you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft