Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• angela greenwood 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 15:17
    angela greenwood

Moving site to shared host and server admin password not working.

I have just moved my site on to my live ehosting shared hosting and i can't log into the admin, the site is appearing fine.  I have tried the previous suggestion of changing the password in the DB and setting passwordFormat="Clear" but it just reloads the login page no error message.

I am current having to use the site preview URL as the domain has not been transfered yet I was wondering if it was that?

I am using version: 4.0.2.1

Jan 07, 2010 @ 15:33
    angela greenwood

I have just noticed when checking the site on IE I get the following message:

The resource cannot be found. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /umbraco/logout.aspx

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 15:53
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 16:19
    angela greenwood

Thank you I will wait for the url to be transfered.

Cheers,

Angela.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 17:42
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You could always create the URL in your hosts file. Then you will not have to wait.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft