Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robin Bronsteede 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 10:11
    Robin Bronsteede

Configuration Error on first start Umbraco

Hi ther,

Complete new to Umbraco I first started to give it a try. I get an error even before Umbraco is installed, please give me directions.
    What have I done so far:

- downloaded Umbraco_403.zip (I'm using Vista and IIS 7)
    - Unzipped it and gave rights for network_service to all the directories
    - created an empty Umbraco database in SQL server express
    - Created a website (classic .Net pool) on port 89, so website can be found at http://localhost:89/
    - Open IE8, and typed http://localhost:89/ and there the error is:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I searched the internet and ca find a lot of things pointing me in thousand directions. But what is the error in relation with Umbraco? I can't find any
    specs that I had to install any AJAX stuff or so. Please help me out.

Grtz, Robin

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 10:24
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You need to install the ajax.net 1.0 extensions. Alternatively, you could switch to a Integrated Pipeline mode and use the .net 3.5 web.config from codeplex, then you won't need the extensions installed.

• Robin Bronsteede 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 10:33
    Robin Bronsteede

Oeps, sorry. Yes had to install ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Completely missed this step. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft