Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 17:43
    Tim

URL Redirects

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting something to work. I've set up some rules in the Rewriting config file to handle some old urls on the site we're redeveloping in Umbraco, so that the old urls redirect to the new umbraco ones. It works fine on old pages that had unique page names, e.g. 'test.aspx', but the old site passed in page names on the query string (yuk, awful isn't it), and the redirect rules don't seem to pick up anything in the querystring. So for example the rewrite rule for ~/default.aspx?p=careers doesn't get picked up. In fact the rules engine appears to ignore the querystring entirely.

I've had a look on the forum for the rewriting component, but I've not had much luck, does anyone here know how to get  the rewriting engine to match the querystring as well as the page name?

• Yannick Smits 321 posts 718 karma points
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 17:57
    Yannick Smits

Are you sure there is not an earlier rule (for instance "~/default.aspx") that is firing before it can even reach the querystring variation?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 19, 2010 @ 12:27
    Tim

Sorry, been on holiday! I've tried removing all the rules and just having one with the querystring and that doesn't seem to work either. Any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft