Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Petr Synek 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 14, 2015 @ 23:01
    Petr Synek

Umbraco 7 on IIS6 and .NET4.0

Hi,

can be put into operation Umbraco 7 on IIS6 and .NET4.0?

I tried in VS2013 community create empty Webapplication project on traget framework 4.0 a install Umbraco 7 via NeGet package. But result of build project are warnings that library are build for target framework 4.5.

Can I download NuGet package Umbraco 7 compiled for .NET4.0 or download source code and compile for target 4.0?

Thank for advise.

Best Regards Petr

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 15, 2015 @ 00:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Petr and welcome to our :-),

If you look at the system requirements for running Umbraco 7, then it needs .ASP.NET 4.5 Full-Trust and IIS 7+ (II6 may still work but is untested)

It supported for running on SQL CE, SQL Server 2008 and higher or MySQL. I have seen some been able to run Umbraco on MySQL but it hasnĀ“t got mutch attention since the SQL CE database was introduced.

I would run it on SQL Server 2008 and higher the reason for that is some of the packages that is available for Umbraco is not configured to run against an SQL CE database, an example of such a package could be the uCommerce package. Which is a e-commerce platform for Umbraco.

You can find the system requirements here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Petr Synek 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 15, 2015 @ 11:07
    Petr Synek

Hi Dennis,

thank you for your answer.

Last supported version .NET framework on IIS6 is 4.0, so it is impossible. :(

Uff, so I need to buy Win2008 or Win2012.

Best Regards Petr

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft