Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicolas 23 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 09:27
    Nicolas

Database Differences From Blank Installation to my existing Website with same (higher) Version

Hi our

i got a little issue (maybe) and a huge questionmark over my head.. So i am Upgrading a Website Based on Umbraco V4.10.8 to the most recent Version... The Upgrade to 6.2.5 seemed to work Perfectly fine. but from V6.2.5 to V7.0.0 i get YSOD after YSOD... i fix one, get another, fix this one get the next and so on... since several hours now^^ It always fails at the database Update...

So i decided to Install a Blank V7.0 to see what differences there are in the DB and i was like: whaaaaaaaat??

After the realisation that my Database is hella simple Compared with the blank one i tried to figure out int which Version the Databse Structure changed...

Installing a Blank V4.0 i got this Database Structure (Some Tables Missing but they have not a single Relation) enter image description here

And with a Blank V4.5 i got this one: enter image description here

You might see a "little" Difference between those two structures (Damn i'm still kinda shocked..)

but now my Issue: My Database on Umbraco V6.2.5 has the same Structure as in the Blank V4.0 although it should be like in the Blank V4.5

When I upgrade the Blank 4.0 to 4.5 i still have the same structure as before and not the updated one as in the Blank 4.5... is it Possible to run the newest Version on the simple Database or has it to be the more complex one?

And is there a reason for the Database Structure not to update? Or am I just doing something terribly wrong that my Database Structure won't upgrade??

Hoping anybody is able to help me clear my questions...

sincerely

Nicolas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft