Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Johnson 2 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 12:22
    Michael Johnson

Integrating Umbraco into existing Webforms application

Hi Guys, sorry if this has been asked ad-nauseum but I haven't found a definitive answer or set of instructions.

What I have as a Web forms application (a dating site actually) and I want to add a blog to it. I am also using YAF for the forum currently. I won't need any user registration or login functions.

This blog would just be in a /blog folder. I tried adding Umbraco to a folder as a sub-application which works but I obviously need to have the site's master page as the 'surround' for the blog.

If I install Umbraco into the folder of my existing application, how will this work with the existing routing for my app?

Looking through other forum posts, a frequest suggestion is to use the WebAPI to query a separate instance of the CMS for the content. In this case, is there a Tutorial for it, how would the routing work then?

Hope someone can help! I'm sure a lot of people must come at this from the point of view of an existing site where you don't start with the CMS first.

Mike

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft