Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicolas 23 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:12
    Nicolas

Request error Localized Text after upgrade to 7.2.2

Hi our

I got a little Issue after my upgrade to 7.2.2. Everything is working perfectly fine but i got this errormassages when starting the backoffice...

enter image description here

I have no entry in the tracelog therefore absolutely no idea where i have to fix this.. until now i didn't have any problems due to this 404 but it bothers me that it pops up every time i start the backoffice. Anyone knows how to fix this little thing?

\Nicolas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nicolas

What version of Umbraco did you upgrade from? And what steps did you take? Seems like some files are not being copied over for some reason. Or it could be a caching issue.

Could you please try clearing the browser cache? If that does not work then try clearing the backoffice cache by going to the /config/ClientDependency.config file and bump the version number and then recycle the app pool.

Looking forward to hear from you.

/Jan

Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:28
    Nicolas

Hi Jan

Thanks a lot for your instant answer

I upgraded from V7.2 (without any errors or issues) to 7.2.2 I copied over the config, umbraco,umbraco_Client folder and the web.config (i compared with the old one and added what i had to add)

interesting thing.. i did what you asked for. As i delete the browser cache i got just one of the messages instead of two but dropping the version number of clientdependency and recycle the app pool didn't get me any farther...

you have any other idea what it could be?

/Nicolas

Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nicolas

Do you have any packages installed that might be causing this after the upgrade?

/Jan

Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:36
    Nicolas

Hi Jan

i just fixed it myself by copying over the bin folder, too. i still have no idea what caused the error but it disappeared now so it's ok^^. sorry for wasting your time and thanks for your help :)

/Nicolas

Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nicolas

Yeah I had that suspicion in my initial post as well - Sometimes all files are not copied over for some weird reason. But good that you got it solved now :)

Happy umbracoing!

/Jan

Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:39
    Nicolas

update:

you were right with the clientdependency... I checked the new clientdependency.config and it went from Version 1 to Version 784756646. (whaaaat? lol). seems like the error was caused by the outdated clientdependency.dll in the bin folder

/NIcolas

Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nicolas

Yeah something changed in later releases where this number is autogenerated based on some conditions I think. So sometimes it's necessary to bump this version number and recycle the app pool to bust the cache if something acts up and one just can't figure out why. Then this is usually one of the things to try out :)

Remember to mark the topic as solved so other can benefit from it.

Cheers, Jan

Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:47
    Nicolas

hi jan

Im defintely gonna remember this in my future Umbraco-career^^.

Thank you a lot again.

/Nicolas

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 09:35
    Simon

Hi all,

I still have the issue when checked that the ClientDependancy is updated.

I am still working locally.

what might be the problem please?

thank you.

Kind Regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft