Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kenneth 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 25, 2015 @ 13:59
    Kenneth

Help with a fresh installation

Hello all,

I ahve some problems with installing Umbraco.

When i install Umbraco and follow the videos - Then in the video "Running through the Umbraco Installer" at "point 5 - starter Kit", it shows some Umbraco kits i can use.

But when i install Umbraco then my installation page looks much different from the one in the video and i do NOT get an oppotunity to select a starter kit?

This mean that pr. default a complete Umbraco with alot of stuff is installed.

My umbraco installer asks for:

1. Name, email, password

Then it installs/configures umbraco and after installation it starts the backoffice with a complete umbraco confgiuration with pages and stuff.

So it only asks my ONE question and not 5 as in the video.

How do i get an install option like in the video, so that i can install an clean Umbraco from scratch??

Cheers,

Kenneth

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2015 @ 14:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kenneth and welcome to our :)

The video you're referring to, which one is that? Is it from umbraco.tv or is it one you have found on youtube?

I think it's outdated since things have changed as you have already noticed.

When you do the installation and just want a clean installation you'll need to hit the "Customize" button, which is located to the right of the green "Installation" button. It's easy to overlook and you're not the first one missing this unfortunately.

But when hitting "Customize" you get a chance to select other themes or choose "No thanks" so you get a clean installation.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft