Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claire Humphrey 2 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 01, 2015 @ 12:02
    Claire Humphrey

Sad question. Nuget install. Which is the "install" folder?

Sorry this is such a pathetic question but I want to be totally clear on what the heck I'm doing from the start. The very last sentence on the nuget installation tutorial page isn't really 100% clear when it says

"One important recommendation is to always remove the install folder immediately after installing Umbraco and never to upload it to a live server."

Do they mean [project root]\umbraco\install ?

(theres also [project root]\umbraco_client\installer which I'll ignore)

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-with-nuget

When I run my Visual Studio project, after installing nuget umbraco, the home page has a huge panel in the middle telling me to "Install Umbraco 7" with a bunch of text boxes asking for my name, email and password with an install plus customize button at the bottom. Do I ignore these?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2015 @ 12:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Claire and welcome to our :)

Yeah, you're right it's not very obvious - But it's the /umbraco/install folder (which does not exist anymore since it's been moved to the umbraco_client/install folder instead).

In regards to the information you're asked about you don't ignore them. You enter them and start the installation :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Claire Humphrey 2 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 01, 2015 @ 16:13
    Claire Humphrey

thanks very much. Exactly what I want :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft