Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dkos24 5 posts 25 karma points
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 22:51
    Dkos24

Upgrade v6 to v7 database warnings

Hello all,

I am in the process of upgrading our Umbraco from v6 to v7.  It started at 4.7.2 and I have completed the upgrade to 6 with no issues.  The question I have is when I upgrade to v7 I get warnings like this:  

Property Editor with ID 'c2d6894b-e788-4425-bcf2-308568e3d38b' (assigned to Data Type 'custom: Multiple Content Picker') does not have a valid GUID -> Alias map. It will be replaced with a Readonly/Label property editor.

Property Editor with ID 'ea931016-0512-4bc8-8645-5ab0fb7d304e' (assigned to Data Type 'custom: Yes No Default Yes') does not have a valid GUID -> Alias map. It will be replaced with a Readonly/Label property editor.

There are about 27 that come up.  Reading the v7 upgrade guide it says that this is a breaking change and it can be fixed.  If I am reading the upgrade guide correctly I am supposed to put something in this file/section Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.LegacyPropertyEditorIdToAliasConverter.CreateMap.

My question is what exactly do I put there?  If it is easier to fix these after the upgrade to 7, where are these located exactly?  In the DB? I've searched around the forums and google but all the posts I find, the user sems to know what to put where to fix these. 

Our Umbraco dev left and I am trying to upgrade it because of business requirements coming down the pipe.  We are running this on Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2014.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 23:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dkos24 and welcome to our :)

Don't know if this article might contain a few useful hints? http://www.blix.co/blog/2014/6/5/follow-the-path-upgrading-umbraco-from-v4-to-v7.aspx There are some tips about some SQL scripts to fire.

Hope this might help.

/Jan

Apr 10, 2015 @ 23:10
    Dkos24

Hi Jan,

That's actually the guide I followed while upgrading Umbraco :)  I did have to use those SQL commands to upgrade from 6 to 7.  But those warnings came up anyway so I revertred to a v6 backup to try again.

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 23:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dkos24

Ah ok :) Have you also read this? https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/v7-upgrade

/Jan

Apr 10, 2015 @ 23:48
    Dkos24

Hi Jan,

I have and the part that I think I am having issues with is this part:

Guid -> Alias mapping

There are several database changes made in v7, one of which is the change of referencing a property editor from a GUID to a string alias. If you have a legacy property editor that you'd like to map to a new v7 property editor you can add your custom GUID -> Alias map during application startup. Do do this you'd add your map with this method: Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.LegacyPropertyEditorIdToAliasConverter.CreateMap

I don't understand how to do this part.  We have legacy custom content and I need to be able to map it so v7 can understand it.  When I ignored the warnings and upgraded anyway, it caused issues when we tried to upload new content.

Thanks!

Apr 13, 2015 @ 19:39
    Dkos24

I've been trying to research this issue over the weekend and haven't had much luck.  If any one has any more insight into this or has fixed this issue themselves any help would be greatly appreciated.  

I think we just need to convert our custom data types so v7 knows what they are.  If I am not making sense please let me know and I can expand on our issue.

Thanks!

• Ian Grainger 71 posts 135 karma points
    May 12, 2015 @ 13:29
    Ian Grainger

I've just tried to do this:

public class RegisterEvents : ApplicationEventHandler
        {
            protected override void ApplicationStarting(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
            {
                Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.LegacyPropertyEditorIdToAliasConverter.CreateMap(new Guid("71518b4e-b1a5-11dd-a22c-8aaa56d89593"), "x1");
                Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.LegacyPropertyEditorIdToAliasConverter.CreateMap(new Guid("04202ffa-bb67-498b-b67d-0311f68dcae1"), "x2");
            }

}

But still got:

• Property Editor with ID '71518b4e-b1a5-11dd-a22c-8aaa56d89593' (assigned to Data Type 'a') does not have a valid GUID -> Alias map. It will be replaced with a Readonly/Label property editor.
    • Property Editor with ID '71518b4e-b1a5-11dd-a22c-8aaa56d89593' (assigned to Data Type 'b') does not have a valid GUID -> Alias map. It will be replaced with a Readonly/Label property editor.
    • Property Editor with ID '04202ffa-bb67-498b-b67d-0311f68dcae1' (assigned to Data Type 'c') does not have a valid GUID -> Alias map. It will be replaced with a Readonly/Label property editor.
    • Property Editor with ID '71518b4e-b1a5-11dd-a22c-8aaa56d89593' (assigned to Data Type 'd') does not have a valid GUID -> Alias map. It will be replaced with a Readonly/Label property editor.

Where do I go from here? I thought I'd set up the maps? Are they invalid, then?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft